used NF NXS

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jaybic, Apr 4, 2015.

1. jaybic

jaybic Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I just found a used Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56 with the Npr2 reticle with ultralite NF rings for 1200.00 (out the door price) in a pawn shop. Glass seems to be perfect and all the knobs twist and turn with no unnecessary force or weird feel to them. No box but it seems like a fair deal. I just wanted to hear from some other fellas that may have this scope. I am thinking I should jump on it..

Thoughts and opinions more than welcome....

Thanks,

Jamie

2. Idaho5r

Idaho5r Well-Known Member

jaybic, Sounds like it's a fair deal. I have an NXS, 5.5-22x50, & I love it. It's the older version, without the "High Speed knobs", & mine has the NP-R1 reticle but, it still works great. If it has the "Zero-Stop" feature, then I'd say it's a very good deal!!!! Night Force Scopes don't really loose their value, & it would of had to have a very hard life, for it to not be still in good shape. Also, if you were to have problems with it, Night Force would take care of it, I'm sure! I just wish NF still offered the NP-R1 reticle! Idaho-5R

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Great scope, great reticle, plus great rings. I assume the 10 moa turrets which really I like as well or better than the high speed. No zero stop? But still I have never seen a 5.5x22 sell for less. I paid 1200 for my first one years ago used. I would grab it.

Jeff

4. skandlus

skandlus Well-Known Member

If you dont buy it, can u PM me the fone number?

Thx!!!

5. Rogmay

Rogmay Well-Known Member

Just food for thought, but the Scheels sporting goods store in Billings MT and I believe Midway USA had the same scope brand new on sale
    for $1350!

6. slm9s

slm9s Well-Known Member

still a great deal. Those rings are over $100 by themselves.

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

$150 to $160 in most places, higher in others.

Jeff

8. skandlus

skandlus Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the PM

9. jaybic

jaybic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies fellas....I did snap it up.....not sure how to tell which turrets it has(high speed vs regular or whatever) but it is not a zero-stop scope....

either way I think I got lucky...

Thanks again for the insight guys,

Jamie

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Jamie, the High Speed turrets will have 20 moa per revolution , the first design was 10 moa per revolution. But both scopes have 100 moa of internal elevation adjustment. I actually like the first design just as well. Yes I will have to turn more revolutions, but the clicks are farther apart, a little more distinct, and easier to see exactly what line you are on.

Jeff

11. cummins cowboy

cummins cowboy Well-Known Member

it depends on the features zero stop and high speed or just zero stop, or none of the above. the price does vary quite a bit depending on what the scope has.