used NF NXS

jaybic

Hello all,

I just found a used Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56 with the Npr2 reticle with ultralite NF rings for 1200.00 (out the door price) in a pawn shop. Glass seems to be perfect and all the knobs twist and turn with no unnecessary force or weird feel to them. No box but it seems like a fair deal. I just wanted to hear from some other fellas that may have this scope. I am thinking I should jump on it..

Thoughts and opinions more than welcome....

Thanks,

Jamie

jaybic, Sounds like it's a fair deal. I have an NXS, 5.5-22x50, & I love it. It's the older version, without the "High Speed knobs", & mine has the NP-R1 reticle but, it still works great. If it has the "Zero-Stop" feature, then I'd say it's a very good deal!!!! Night Force Scopes don't really loose their value, & it would of had to have a very hard life, for it to not be still in good shape. Also, if you were to have problems with it, Night Force would take care of it, I'm sure! I just wish NF still offered the NP-R1 reticle! Idaho-5R

Great scope, great reticle, plus great rings. I assume the 10 moa turrets which really I like as well or better than the high speed. No zero stop? But still I have never seen a 5.5x22 sell for less. I paid 1200 for my first one years ago used. I would grab it.

Jeff

Just food for thought, but the Scheels sporting goods store in Billings MT and I believe Midway USA had the same scope brand new on sale
for $1350!

Thanks for the replies fellas....I did snap it up.....not sure how to tell which turrets it has(high speed vs regular or whatever) but it is not a zero-stop scope....

either way I think I got lucky...

Thanks again for the insight guys,

Jamie

Thanks for the replies fellas....I did snap it up.....not sure how to tell which turrets it has(high speed vs regular or whatever) but it is not a zero-stop scope....

either way I think I got lucky...

Thanks again for the insight guys,

Jamie

Jamie, the High Speed turrets will have 20 moa per revolution , the first design was 10 moa per revolution. But both scopes have 100 moa of internal elevation adjustment. I actually like the first design just as well. Yes I will have to turn more revolutions, but the clicks are farther apart, a little more distinct, and easier to see exactly what line you are on.

Jeff

it depends on the features zero stop and high speed or just zero stop, or none of the above. the price does vary quite a bit depending on what the scope has.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.