Us optics TS-20 or TS-25?

Hunt_4life

I recently won a coupon at a match for a free TS-20 or a free TS-25 from US optics and I cannot decide which I should get input would be appreciated this is hopefully going on my competition gun for PRS/Nrl match's as well as field matches. Right now I have a vortex strike eagle on it and I love it.

Hunt_4life,

Congrats on winning! Those are both nice scopes! 👍🏼

I think there are several factors.....
(1) It depends on how wide of a field of view (FoV) you need on the bottom end (e.g., for close range, quick target acquisition):
The TS-20 has twice the FoV than the TS-25 (42ft vs 20ft @ 100y).

(2) How big do you want to see your target in the scope? The TS-25 at top magnification makes your target about 1/3 larger than the TS-20.
Older eyes need more magni.
Aim small, miss small.

(3) The TS-25 offers you two mil reticles, one with a grid. The TS-20 offers 4, either moa or mil, with or without grid.

(4) The TS-20 seems to be the "more sophisticated" scope, with a zero stop and a 34mm tube. The mfctr's price is much higher, too. But just to get a scope because it's worth more, even though its magnification range isn't precisely what you might need, well, that depends on you of course.

You've got a nice problem on your hand! 😊

Matthias

Hunt_4life,

Congrats on winning! Those are both nice scopes! 👍🏼

I think there are several factors.....
(1) It depends on how wide of a field of view (FoV) you need on the bottom end (e.g., for close range, quick target acquisition):
The TS-20 has twice the FoV than the TS-25 (42ft vs 20ft @ 100y).

(2) How big do you want to see your target in the scope? The TS-25 at top magnification makes your target about 1/3 larger than the TS-20.
Older eyes need more magni.
Aim small, miss small.

(3) The TS-25 offers you two mil reticles, one with a grid. The TS-20 offers 4, either moa or mil, with or without grid.

(4) The TS-20 seems to be the "more sophisticated" scope, with a zero stop and a 34mm tube. The mfctr's price is much higher, too. But just to get a scope because it's worth more, even though its magnification range isn't precisely what you might need, well, that depends on you of course.

You've got a nice problem on your hand! 😊

Matthias
Agreed! I have had the TS-20 since 2019 but have yet to mount it on any rifle.

What does the clarity compare to? A pst gen ii, strike eagle, delta Stryker? Thanks I am leaning towards the ts-20 because of the 34mm tube and the zero stop. I would really like locking turrets but if I have zero stop I'm not sure if i a need.