US Optics scopes

Mike375

Any opinions on US Optics scopes compared to Leupold Mk 1V.

A friend of mine in Australia is looking at US Optics as an alternative to getting Leupold Mk 1V and sending to Premier Reticles for dots.

The caliber is 25/300 Winchester and for long range field use only.

Thanks.

Mike

cbjames

US Optics will blow the Leupold away for edge-to-edge quality. I suggest them very much. I have used them on the .338 Win Mag, 338-378WM, .30-378WM and a SingleShooter T/C Encore in 340 Weatherby.

I would rank the scopes along with a Burris Scope Black Diamond in quality and clarity.

Leupold is still hard to beat for the $$$, but if set on US Optics, you can not go wrong!

Long Range Shooting Positions - the Weatherbyman Website

Let me know where I can help further on this choice.

Mike375

Firstly,what is a Burris Scope Black Diamond

If he was to outlay extra money to get a US Optics it would be mainly if that scope was superior in the mechanical areas such as adjustments ascompared to Leupold Mk IV

Mike

cbjames

Burris Black Diamond 30MM Tube, in the 6-24 X 50MM Ballistic Mill Dot is even better than the US Optics for serious Long Range Work. The clarity is unreal!

Leupold M-IV is going to be hard to beat, but the Burris Black Diamond for under $700 will be every bit as good as the Leupold and carries a lifetime warranty like the Leupold.

Check out the Burris Website:

Burris Website

The Weatherbyman Website

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce