US optics ER-25 or Vortex razor HD gen II 4.5-27 on a 26 nosler??

Cwhitney

I am currently looking to upgrade my scope. I am shooting a 26 nosler built on a Remington 700 action that has been trued, 26" bartlein barrel with 8.5 twist, kmw sentinel stock, and timney trigger. I am torn between the U.S. optics ER-25 and the new vortex gen II. Curious what thoughts and advice I can get on the subject. Also curious what reticle would be best with the er 25. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

i know this is old but ill reply, go with the razor. for half the price of some other company's , your getting everything anyone could ever want in a long range scope. i went with mil 1c reticle as its simple and crisp. most who run the 2c Christmas tree reticle are using it for competition i believe

ive heard of recent quality control issues with us optics . not sure if all the story's are true or not. i know they used to make some top of the line scopes, but more then a few bad lemons left the factory in recent years.

only drawback with the gen 2 is the weight.

Not true about USO th opposite is true. They have over the past few years really tightened up on QC. I have both models and if you have the money go with the USO.

I do know of 2 uso scopes that didn't track correctly . They were both off about 2 mils over 10 mils of adjustment . They were sent back to uso and they weren't able to be fixed . I've heard similar story's from other people , but those aren't people I personally know. Vortex on the other hand will send you a new scope in less then a week if there is an issue with one of their scopes

A USO scope off 2 mils over 10 mils? Or .2 mils over 10 mils? I have never heard of any scope being off by 20%.

USO would not say they could not be fixed and unless the scopes were very old they would have replaced them as that is their policy. I am not calling you a liar but if you give me the names and serial numbers I will track the truth down. I work with the company on a regular weekly basis and know that their customer service is top notch. Also they are built here in the USA not Japan. I like products that have Americans building them.

Im sorry, but im not handing out other peoples information over an internet forum. I was told these scopes couldn't be fixed, as far as him getting new ones or not i dont know. I'm certainly not trying to stir up a giant storm, but this isn't really new news in the precision world. There are plenty of issues with their scopes where they had to be sent back for work. This particular shooter I know has moved on from USO a long time ago after owning 5 different USO scopes and has moved onto other brands. I feel there is enough information about their quality control issues on the internet if you do a little searching .

To edit , it was 1 total mil over 10 mils of adjustment, not 2. I was mistaken in the other post .

Last edited:
USO would not say they could not be fixed and unless the scopes were very old they would have replaced them as that is their policy. I am not calling you a liar but if you give me the names and serial numbers I will track the truth down. I work with the company on a regular weekly basis and know that their customer service is top notch. Also they are built here in the USA not Japan. I like products that have Americans building them.

that last part made me laugh. I hear this all the time with scopes. IT needs to be made in america or im not buying it!

yet the uso glass is manufactured in japan..

Ok well for someone who didn't want a ******* contest you might want to put it back in your pants. I will end it here, if you would like to get facts n the comments you made PM me and I will personally follw up by having customer service at USO track down each and every comment you made but I'm sure you would rather leave them hanging. Also I know that every single scope is built here I never said all components are developed here. What I can tell you is they don't receive crates of scopes from other countries open them and sell them. If that's important to someone great, if not that's fine too.

Ok well for someone who didn't want a ******* contest you might want to put it back in your pants. I will end it here, if you would like to get facts n the comments you made PM me and I will personally follw up by having customer service at USO track down each and every comment you made but I'm sure you would rather leave them hanging. Also I know that every single scope is built here I never said all components are developed here. What I can tell you is they don't receive crates of scopes from other countries open them and sell them. If that's important to someone great, if not that's fine too.
LOL calm down.

Someone asked advise and I gave my opinion.

like i said, im not shelling out someone else's personal information, nor do i own a uso scope, so franky I don't care.

I have read enough of peoples hardships about USO's scopes to know they have had issues. The fact is that this is known information in the competition precision world.

Attachments

• 2015-06-17_14-38-18.png
    2015-06-17_14-38-18.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 135
I am currently looking to upgrade my scope. I am shooting a 26 nosler built on a Remington 700 action that has been trued, 26" bartlein barrel with 8.5 twist, kmw sentinel stock, and timney trigger. I am torn between the U.S. optics ER-25 and the new vortex gen II. Curious what thoughts and advice I can get on the subject. Also curious what reticle would be best with the er 25. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I am lucky enough to have both. USO in mills and Gn 2 in MRAD. USO is on my .50 and Vortex on my 300 wm. I think that those are over kill for your 26 but it's not my set up. If you have more specifics about the two PM me. Both are great by the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.