US export policy

300R

Hi i am wondering if anyone can tell me if the US government has changed their policy on exporting firearm parts in the last 12-18 months,i used to buy most of my parts from the US,mainly stocks,scopes and stuff like that,i recently rang hollands and they are now unable to send me a stock(to Australia) without an export permit which i am told costs a small fortune,i cant even buy a scope anymore,but the silly thing is "apparently" i can have it sent by a friend or someone living from a private address in the states,our only restrictions for personally importing parts into Australia is actions, barrels,triggers,live ammo and dbm's,stocks are fine so long as they are non folding, these items all require a dealers licence and permits for which i can totally understand,i can't and don't want to spend $1200-$1600au on a stock, this is the going price for a mcmillan,manners down here,does anybody know of a shop or supplier that has an export permit and is willing to send downunder,it will be much appreciated,thanks.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts