Urge2hunt broker advertising on Facebook

skkeeter

I had a loyal customer take me on a elk hunt this fall. My friend and I were sold a bull elk hunt which included a mule deer landowner tag on a 10K acre private ranch. We were told the landowner only got 2 deer tags and we were going to be the only people hunting deer for the 2019 season. Our primary focus was bull elk. The outfitter turned out to be primary a deer outfit with bull elk being a bonus if they happen to be on the land. The 10K acre ranch turned out to be 3-4 small 5-600 acre ranches that had 9 people per day hunting mule deer in blinds or staying stationary in cover. We could literally see the other hunters some of the days that were within 500y of us. No wonder we weren't allowed to move around the properties. On top of that with so much pressure only one mature mule deer was spotted at 700y away the entire time. We only spotted a few cow elk twice on the trip. We were either lied to about the hunt or Serge somehow mixed up our hunt with another. I contacted him after the hunt and for compensation was offed $600 off a late season cow elk hunt. Such a shame we ended up spending about 18K total on this trip and came home with empty coolers and the complete opposite hunt that was sold to us. Empty coolers was not the problem, as I'm well aware that all hunts are not guaranteed. I'm very disappointed Urge2hunt does not stand behind his word or the hunt that was sold to us. I'm sure that most of the hunting outfits he sells for are genuine and honest, but he is willing to embellish and over sell the hunts to make some money. I'll have to chalk this up as a very expensive, hard learned lesson. I don't usually like to call out businesses on social media, but I can't stand when people take advantage of others.

Ahhhhhh,..... the cost of a higher education.

I haven't taken that class yet and I'm afraid to.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sounds like a con.....if they don't know what is happening on the guided hunt they shouldn't be a,spokesperson for the company....
I know a guide that smelled like roses or an apple tree most of his life....killled a monster buck every year......also stole money from our old man softball team........quality......

on his website he has the same 4 mulie photos that are supposedly representing 4 separate Nevada units (one of which is Serge himself). He's also one of the "successful hunters" in the 2nd photo for Montana deer.

Elk photos are similar, only two photos shown at each of the elk units. .

https://www.urge2hunt.com/

Hunt brokers aren't like travel agents. If a guide needs a broker to fill their bookings what kind of guide are they?

Growing up my parents owned a fishing lodge and we did all of our own bookings, wasn't that hard because 80% of the clients were returning customers. Some lodges around us worked a lot through brokers and they were basically just cattle operations doing one day fly in trips. No thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.