UPS is garbage

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 300whisper, Jun 11, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

Tags:
  1. WYO300RUM

WYO300RUM Well-Known Member

Tell thrm you are going to go postal if not rectified . Anyway. That's fcked up.

2. WYO300RUM

WYO300RUM Well-Known Member

USPS blows ! I've had to deal with them on claims before. What a joke. Haven't had a problem with UPS OR Fedex yet.

3. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Great thread! I thought I was the only one with a dark cloud over my head!

4. mike06

mike06 Well-Known Member

I think there is a difference between USPS = Post Office VS. UPS

5. Buster Curtis

Buster Curtis Member

Mine's not shipping related but goes toward UPS store employee incompetence. I rented a P.O. box from my local UPS store for 6 months for the purpose of registering an LLC. Before the end of the 6th month I went to the store and closed my account, and turned in my key and after-hours access card. The next month I received a voicemail saying my account was past due and asking if I wanted to keep the box. I immediately called and notified them I had already closed the account in person and TURNED IN THE KEY. The response on the other end was, "oh, ok, so do you want to keep the box open"? I chuckled and declined and ended the call. The following month I received an email from the store saying my account was past due and.. you get the point. I just shook my head and ignored it, and went about my business. The third month I received an email and a voicemail to the same effect. This time I had a scheduled Amazon return that needed to be dropped off at a UPS store so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. I went in to the store and dropped off the return, and asked for the manager. The manager came out and as I began explaining what I've described above, she started trying to finish my sentences with THE WRONG CONCLUSIONS! For example "so you'd like to bring your account up to date", "you'd like us to check if we have your mail"? I finally told her this would be much more efficient if she just let me finish my sentences and process the information I'm telling her. After I was done explaining everything she proceeded to tell me how it was probably just misplaced keys and lost paperwork from when employees changed shifts, or the store was really busy. I responded advising her how bad it sounds that she's ok with employees dropping the ball consistently for 3 months.

Anyhow, my apologies for the novel, but it's obvious that the UPS store has very low expectations for employee performance, and their management standards are even lower. I now avoid them at all costs.

On another note, I had a 458 SOCOM upper "lost" (read "stolen") by UPS, and the accompanying well packed brass and projectiles from the same shipment arrived with the boxes beat to hell. During the claim process UPS customer service actually suggested to me that an employee probably figured out what was in the box and swiped it, which tells me employee theft is an ongoing problem and they're aware of it.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with them. Don't let them off the hook. I hope you are able to get it sorted out. Let this serve as fair warning to anyone considering shipping firearms related items through UPS.

300whisper likes this.
  6. arch408

arch408 Well-Known Member

Well if I was the judge, jury, and executioner, I'd put it on the store who packaged it.

7. gohring3006

gohring3006 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Yeah, the good thing is....
    Those scopes are supposed to be painted to match the current mission. They look better painted anyway. lol

8. Huggy

Huggy Active Member

300whisper likes this.
  9. MWood

MWood Active Member LRH Team Member

I am glad that you are pushing UPS hard for a resolution. There is no excuse for poor customer service and most people just let companies get away with it without complaint.

300whisper likes this.
  10. foul bore

foul bore Well-Known Member

Hope you get this resolved, no need to have to go through that

300whisper likes this.
  11. Peddler 76

Peddler 76 Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought I’d rather pkg./ wrap something myself rather than let some YoYo do it. Maybe your fault!

12. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member

Did you read the thread??

This thread is more of a warning and FU to UPS for not providing a service for the money that was exchanged for said service.

I’ve also said several times that the dude took it from me before I could package it. I also said lesson learned several times.

smokepoler likes this.
  13. DCAN

DCAN Well-Known Member

When you were dealing with the employee at the time of shipping, did you get any anti-gun vibes? I have been noticing negative attitudes more often these days. Just a thought.

14. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member

No, seemed like a normal guy. Came off as helpful. Normally, UPS stores are pretty up front about their gun policies. This guy seemed kind of excited about them. Like he’s never seen nice gun gear before.