UPS is garbage

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 300whisper, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

Tags:
  1. SkyFreek60

SkyFreek60 New Member

I would file a claim against that individual UPS store on the BBB website.... they'll likely cally you back shortly after it is posted and in a much more amicable mood.

I've only done that against one company and the branch manager called back a few hours later and saw things my way.... an insurance company no less.

Frog4aday likes this.
  2. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member

Here’s my course of action:

1. Wait for UPS to refund me
    2. Do a negative google review with pics
    3. File a BBB rating against them
    4. Small claims court

3. Rudolph Ferdinand

Rudolph Ferdinand Well-Known Member

FedEx is any better. $1500 archery equipment stolen but I had insurance that covered the lost, most.

4. Poppadoer

Poppadoer Well-Known Member

And NEVER use them again.Right?

5. 300whisper

Yes that too!!

Poppadoer likes this.
  6. dougduey

dougduey Well-Known Member

Post a big negative review on social media as well as Google. They take these reviews very seriously and I won’t be surprised if someone contacts you very promptly.
    I had an issue with Enterprise car rental. I got nowhere until I blasted them on Facebook.
    I won’t ship anything with UPS after they way they handled some taxidermy I received from my WY taxidermist. They tried to charge me more money months later after I had already picked up and paid for my freight package. They claimed they undercharged me and I told them that was their mistake and to pound sand.

300whisper likes this.
  7. Doug Herold

Doug Herold Well-Known Member

Take em to Small Claims Court. Sue for your “out of pocket”, scope damage, and your TIME that you have spent on this ( at your normal compensation per hour). Represent yourself in court. They will not get a lawyer and will not show up. The fact that they ignored the case will ---- of the judge. You will win the case by default.
    I did this. The judge ordered the local sheriff to enter the business, sell their computers at auction to pay me for my entitled compensation.

8. smokepoler

smokepoler Well-Known Member

Didn't read the entire thread but was this at a UPS hub or a franchise UPS store?
    If a store, they double or more the cost if it was shipped from a UPS owned depot or hub.

Edit: Saw on page three it was a UPS store. BIG MISTAKE! NEVER USE THEM! Take it directly to a UPS hub/depot and package it yourself. You probably paid triple the regular cost, even with insurance.

9. Poppadoer

Poppadoer Well-Known Member

Just curious but we're these scopes useable after that beating they took?

10. 300whisper

Cosmetic, dents, scratches, rub marks. No idea in tracking the buyer hasn’t told me.

Poppadoer likes this.
  11. timl

timl Well-Known Member

Not sure yet, but they seem fine.

Poppadoer likes this.
  12. Mac76

Mac76 Member

Maybe

but I’ve found ‘apathy & incompetence’ more common than evil intent. (Though evil does exist, of course.)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 1:48 PM
    hammer0419 and 300whisper like this.
  13. Bman940

Bman940 Well-Known Member

You will get nowhere! I have dealt with UPS insurance 2 times for lost guns and they never paid out a dime! I took pics of packages and 1 time the thieves opened the box, took out rifles, sealed it back up with red tape. Obviously different from pics and the weight was 3 pounds when delivered compared to 16 when shipped. Save your $, do not buy insurance from them or expect to be reimbursed at all. Very frustrating.

14. Gcan

Gcan Well-Known Member