UPS and FedEx new Policy… ***

sbruni

Evidently now both the shipping and receiving organizations must be FFL for these organizations to accept a shipment… this isn't helping my already elevated BP

14BE776C-1F0F-4FA2-8AD9-BBBED028F5F4.jpeg
EA9B696B-E6F6-47E1-98C0-DEA3C12503B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh yeah.
Just went through this doing a straight up trade with another member.
Unless you want to lie about it being machine parts...
Had to pay my FFL and she went through the USPS which added insult to injury.

My stress level was maxed as I have very high standards when I give a fellow man my word it is "on the way".
I do have to say "great job" to the USPS who delivered across the entire country in two days.

We have shipped dozens of AMMO packages with proper labeling through our UPS Store the past years.
We have also shipped dozens of Firearms through this same store with no problem.
Went to the same UPS Store on Monday Morning to ship a Shotgun. The lady that was wearing a Stacy Adams vote sticker at the UPS Store confronted me with my package since it had a "GUN" in the receiving address "hass888GunLLC**".
I said why are you asking me if I have a "GUN" . She said that she would not take a package if anything associated with firearms (her policy not UPS or the Store).
I told he "NO" so that the package and firearm shipment would go through and my buyer would receive the firearm.
I do have an FFL and Account set up with UPS to ship Firearms. I contacted UPS after the firearm was shipped (it arrived to the buyer's FFL this morning) and told them what happened. They said that it would be best if a UPS driver picks any Firearm package from my location rather than dropping off at a UPS Store. Seems like if there is a Liberal person there they won't accept your package even if you are within UPS Policy.

ADK Hunter I NEVER had USPS (United State Postal Service) accept AMMO, Powder or Firearms in any shipments.
AND never received any Ammo/Powder/Primers/Firearms form any Retailer from USPS. You must have a lucky area.
Only UPS or FEDX. here.

This is why we only use USPS now. The others are anti gun.
Wow you have good experience sending Firearms through USPS.
Pistols/rifles and Ammo.
AND not loosing or having packages LATE!
We wished we lived in the area USPS where you live to have such great USPS shipping services.
USPS Lost several packages the we sent to LRH members for Brass or Modified Case Brass. NEVER got it resolved or reimbursed for the insurance Payment. This happened several times. Also quite regularly our mail is delivered up to two miles away and have mail put in our box from the next County,

Good luck for you if USPS gets correct mailing for your firearms, components, Primers & Powder, Doesn't work here in GA.

Jill and I have an Account with UPS for our Firearms and Ammo. Never had a late date or sent to the incorrect address! Will use Business pickup from now on and not take to the UPS Store. (You never know who is taking packages at the store) f they are a Liberal good luck. They all hate anything to do with firearms and puts a SMILE on their face to deny you. Now if the owner knew that that employ may be fired,
Saves me Gas/Travel/and time. for UPS Business Pickup!

ADK Hunter I NEVER had USPS (United State Postal Service) accept AMMO, Powder or Firearms in any shipments.
AND never received any Ammo/Powder/Primers/Firearms form any Retailer from USPS. You must have a lucky area.
Only UPS or FEDX. here.

I'm in NY. Lucky, not so much... She is a FFL and is "set up" with USPS so I don't know how I would make out personally. I feel guilty lying about " anything hazardous, liquid or perishable" when I shipped my son some syrup to NC LOL

Lots of misleading info in the last few posts. You can not ship ammo, powder or primers through the USPS, even if you're a FFL. No HAZMAT using USPS. You can not ship a handgun USPS if you are NOT a FFL, but you can ship a rifle or shotgun (a long gun). You CAN ship bullets (not loaded ammo, just the bullet) and brass by USPS. A FFL CAN ship rifles, shotguns and handguns by USPS. USPS is the lowest cost way to ship a handgun today. Declared as a firearm and with the proper form submitted with the package, it gets secured handling. I've had a FFL for almost 24yrs., and had ZERO problems shipping any firearm, brass or bullets,,,,, or the occasional gun part, by the USPS. I have had both UPS and FedEx loose packages (barrels mostly) and have broken open packages with rough handling, and I pack EVERYTHING like it was going to be handled repeatedly by a half grown Orangutang who is intent on playing with everything he lays hands on.

Yeah, I'm going thru the pain of shipping a rifle thru USPS, since the other carriers just dropped the new policy.
Any ideas what it costs average for a 12 pound package shipped as a long rifle, guncase and box?
USPS price anyway?

Wow you have good experience sending Firearms through USPS.
Pistols/rifles and Ammo.
AND not loosing or having packages LATE!
We wished we lived in the area USPS where you live to have such great USPS shipping services.
USPS Lost several packages the we sent to LRH members for Brass or Modified Case Brass. NEVER got it resolved or reimbursed for the insurance Payment. This happened several times. Also quite regularly our mail is delivered up to two miles away and have mail put in our box from the next County,

Good luck for you if USPS gets correct mailing for your firearms, components, Primers & Powder, Doesn't work here in GA.

Jill and I have an Account with UPS for our Firearms and Ammo. Never had a late date or sent to the incorrect address! Will use Business pickup from now on and not take to the UPS Store. (You never know who is taking packages at the store) f they are a Liberal good luck. They all hate anything to do with firearms and puts a SMILE on their face to deny you. Now if the owner knew that that employ may be fired,
Saves me Gas/Travel/and time. for UPS Business Pickup!
I only use USPS for shipping. Buy the shipping label on Gunbroker and drop it off. We have great service up here. UPS, follow the tracking number to the local depot where it will sit for a extra 1-2 days before it is loaded on the truck.