Upgrading wifes scope

Did it with an 8.5 lb 20" .308 shooting the same load at 2475, a little less ballistics, and took a little more concentration to shoot well, but still very doable. I do understand your point though, heavy guns are easier to shoot, no denying that, but that certainly doesn't mean it's impossible.
some how i doubt his WIFE'S HUNTING RIFLE WEIGHS EIGHT AND A HALF POUNDS
you pick on me and my comments, non of you have BEEN IN CONTEXT
BYE

so none of you are capable of reading directions
i said
SELECT sports optics,
select mfg list
and there is no sightron IN THE LIST.
I DID NOT SAY THEY DO NOT CARRY SIGHTRON, NOR THAT IT COULD BE FOUND ANOTHER WAY.
You sir need to stop being argumentative about everything on here. Read the comments about you on this thread. People have had enough of you. You are being ignored by to many.

Happy I Love You GIF by pikaole

This makes me want to take my Win M70 FWT 30-06 "sniper" rifle with custom factory pitted barrel out for a 1k sits and giggles run lol.

I'm looking to upgrade my wife's scope, she has a Kimber 308 84M With a Burris 3 x 9 ballistic Plex I'd like to stay under 1000 bucks and get to 1000 yards any ideas?
what is your primary concern? low light capability or repeatability with dialing in your shots? Also, like the other poster said, consistent accuracy at 1000 yds with that kimber is very optimistic
All I know is if my wife wants a scope to see and stretch her capability to 1000Y, she is getting it, regardless of the brand/make of the rifle, and could care less what others think - the end of the story.

My sincere apologies to @ryjess for getting off track, but please carry on and get the scope.

so none of you are capable of reading directions
i said
SELECT sports optics,
select mfg list
and there is no sightron IN THE LIST.
I DID NOT SAY THEY DO NOT CARRY SIGHTRON, NOR THAT IT COULD BE FOUND ANOTHER WAY.
Neighbor, here is some friendly advice, beings you already have a hole dug You might wanna bury your head in for a bit and let this go and start over with a better attitude, take it or leave it

All I know is if my wife wants a scope to see and stretch her capability to 1000Y, she is getting it, regardless of the brand/make of the rifle, and could care less what others think - the end of the story.

My sincere apologies to @ryjess for getting off track, but please carry on and get the scope.
X-2

Leupold. Vari X 3. 4.5. To 14x. On a. One inch tube 700. Dollars. In the Cabala flyer. Last. Month. , same scope on a 30 mm. Tube. About 99.00. More ! I own. One of each with the. Duplex Reticle snd I. Like them. Just fine. I'm at. Bang. Steel. Right now Snd I'm using. My Leupold. Vx3. 8.5 to. 25x on a 39 mm. Tube . Shot. 760 and. 820. Yards. Yesterday! Scope. Set on 12.5 powers for 1. MOA settings ! That's scope in down to about 999.00. Now ! I paid. Much more 3 years ago !!

Last edited:
gentlemen, i understand you have an issue with FACTS so i thought i would post some of what has been said and maybe you can see just how far out of context they have been.

a) she has a Kimber 308 84M With a Burris 3 x 9 ballistic Plex about 6 lbs

b) win pps 308 Weighing in at 8.5lbs

c) m24 marine custom sniper rifle almost 12 lbs.
Effective firing range
  • 800 metres (875 yd)
i know its hard, but try staying in context.
she has a light weight hunting rifle.
the 8,5-25 lue is is about a lb and a half big bump on a 6 lb rifle
the 4.5 to 14 30mm is only a pound i think that is where he should be looking