Upgraded scope on rifle and now I can't shoot groups - Help!

I just put an X3 on a rifle and while boresighting on the mailbox, I ran out of elevation. Love the weight and glass clarity, but no internal movement. I haven't shot it yet, but not hopefull.

Good luck.

Were all groups bad or did they start out ok? How hot was your barrel.
I ask because with longer strings (like sighting in/zero) I tend to shoot faster. Barrel heats up and causes me really bad mirage. That definitely causes my groups to go to pot. If it is a heavy barrel, disregard.

What rifle action did you put it on ? Does it make any difference if the rings are front or back rings , as they can cause pressure problems at times ? I have seen this with Browning actions where the rings look nearly the same but don't interchange front to back and work out well . Is the new scope touching the barrel ? Are the rifles action screws still tight ? What type of stock is the rifle mounted in , wood , synthetic , laminated ? What type of shooting platform are you using , bags , ect. ? Is the barrel still clean any carbon ring or other build up in it ? So many variables so many questions that need answers to figure it out .

Appreciate all the feedback. Different rings from last scope due larger objective lens. The rings only fit front or back. It's a Weatherby 6 lug, that has maybe 200 rounds through it.