Blueridgeguy

Good Afternoon, just signed up today and needing thoughts on improving a stainless Win mod 70 300wsm. It's factory other than I have installed a Timney trigger. Question one... I'd like to replace the "plastic" stock. Would you choose an HS Precision or Bell and Carlson?
Question two... considering a new barrel also in 300wsm Who would you choose for barrel replacement?
I like the model 70's and have others but this is the only "plastic" one. Considering a new barrel for increased accuracy for longer range hunting. Thank you!
PS I've talked with Benchmark about their barrels

Midwest gun works has a McMillan a3 with the fn bottom metal with two mags for 400 bucks. I'm not sure if you can modify the magazines to work with the wsm case, but it's worth looking into.

The B&C does not fit the Timney trigger. It can be inlet fairly easily with a mill. Otherwise it is a nice stock.

For barrels, check out Brownells, MidwayUSA, and bugholes.com for in stock inventory. Brux lead time is about 3 mo.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.