updates on handheld range finders

wildcat westerner

With the advancements in rangefinding technology, I am beginning to search for a smaller handheld rangefinder that is accurate and also can come up with the proper distance for shots at angles here in the mountains. I am way out of date as to what is available now and would like to purchase a rangefinder that assesses the angulation, and also the distance to the target that is the correct solution. This will be used for bowhunting, but primarily rifle.

Tahnk you in advance,

WW

I started carrying range finding binoculars and will never go back to separate units. Well, never is a strong word. Way convenient to be able to spot and range with one tool.
Which do you recommend?
To answer the ?, I use the SigKilo2200 w/AB software…ranges farther than I can hit steel…which is 1400yds.

I use small 2400 sig with ABS.The reason I don't like the weight on my neck and I change up optics for how I hunt.Archery small 7's,rifle 10's most and 15's.

Bowhunting or PCP airgun I use a cheap Bushnell TRsomething or other that adjusts for angles. They are good to 600+ on deer sized animals. I think I paid ~$160 some years ago. Prices are even more reasonable now. And I use a little pair of Swaros for binos when packing the bow.
Rifle, I use Sig Kilo 3000 binos in a chest harness to keep weight off my neck and keep them close to my body. My Zeiss binos have way better glass, but the convenience of RF outweighs the glass quality.

I use Leupold Rx(?) 2800
If I see a critter way out there I try to triangulate a better position for a shot at better distances....
There have been a couple selling here lately....

I also like carrying the binocular range finders and not carrying so many gadgets. I love my Leica Geovids 10x42HDs The newest model is the Leica 3200 I believe. Very sharp optics.

The Pro 32 is Leica's latest. Its no Swaro Pure for comfort and the readout is dimmer than I like but it ranges well - a mile in daylight usually not an issue. My sig 2400 abs can't do that handheld. The new Sig 8000k can. Sig binos are clunky and a step down in optics. Make sure your handheld works with OnX or Basemap. Range and it marks target on your app for hiking right to it. At 1000 yards plus over rugged dense terrain thats huge.

The Kilo5 has given me accurate shooting data and it says in the manual the ballistic solver is good to 800 yards. Past this, it only provides your range and angle so you will have to use some external ballistic solver like a kestrel or shooting app.