*Updated 10/29* Terminal Performance 6.5mm 130gr CEB

Re: Terminal Performance of 6.5mm 130gr CEB

Thats interesting. I know GS custom reccomend shooting their bullet fast enough that they blow the petals off to create wider wounding. If it exits and the animals is killed quickly, you cant ask for any better performance. Good luck on your antelope hunt.

Re: Terminal Performance of 6.5mm 130gr CEB

Well gents, I finally have some more info to share. **WARNING-GRAPHIC**

Test Medium: Iddy Biddy Antelope Buck (hey it was my last day :rolleyes:)
Animal facing left to right quartering slightly away, 'lope traveled 2ft after shot- Straight down.

Launch Platform: Custom 6.5WSM
Bullet: 130 G05 CEB 6.5mm
Muzzle Velocity: 3380FPS
Distance: 370 yards

As discussed, requested & promised I center punched the front shoulder to better determine the terminal performance characteristics of this somewhat untested bullet.

Results were as good as or better than expected. Both front shoulder's broken, dead speed goat -win/win. As you can see below, the bullet exited with a good sized exit hole to show both expansion & retention of enough weight to carry thru both shoulder's.

Please excuse my photographic lack of skill, trying to hold a camera & the animal with blood covered hands makes for a slippery experience.:cool:

Entrance Hole- Interior:

Entrance Hole 2.jpg

Exit Hole- Interior:

Exit Side 1.jpg

Exit Hole- Exterior:

Exit Wound.jpg

Terminal performance here looks great, i'm pleased so far. Unfortunately, due to work schedules, I did not skin the animal to pull any fragments out (if applicable).

Hope this helps guys,

t

Seems like they are similar to the 130 gr Sirrocco. Execpt they are unleaded. Which would make them great in the areas where lead bullets can't be used. Nice high? BC that's for sure. How are they for velocity, are they sticky or slippery in the barrel? ?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.