UPDATE - carpal tunnel ...

FEENIX

Interesting! No carpal tunnel, but tingling, and diminished fine motor skills in my hands secondary to neck injury. The full grip concept could work for me.

Interesting! No carpal tunnel, but tingling, and diminished fine motor skills in my hands secondary to neck injury. The full grip concept could work for me.

Have a nerve conduction study done. That will tell you whether it is carpal tunnel or pinched nerve in neck.

Turns out I had both, so did the carpal tunnel surgery first that stopped the numbness and tingling in the hand and then did the neck surgery (second time) for the pinched nerve. Healing for the neck is slow and you end up with limited mobility but the pain is gone. Carpal tunnel is easy and quick healing.

I was diagnosed with early signs of carpal tunnel in April 2015 (http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f132/archery-bow-exercises-153372/)

Since I changed my mouse to Shop Posturite Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YRJ3foIys&feature=player_embedded#t=0

... I no longer have the tingling sensation. Didn't need any other exercises but reduced the prolonged repetitive motion and increased break in between sessions.

Cheers!

lightbulbStill doing great!lightbulb

Very Interesting FEENIX !! Thanks.

I will have to try one. At my age everything is giving up. (If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of my self).

J E CUSTOM

Have a nerve conduction study done. That will tell you whether it is carpal tunnel or pinched nerve in neck.

Turns out I had both, so did the carpal tunnel surgery first that stopped the numbness and tingling in the hand and then did the neck surgery (second time) for the pinched nerve. Healing for the neck is slow and you end up with limited mobility but the pain is gone. Carpal tunnel is easy and quick healing.

Great advice.

two years ago I was getting massive "electric shock" sensations down my right arm after I would place it under heavy load. It turned out I had a Ulnar Nerve issues at my wrist due to narrowing.

The nerve conduction test proved this and also showed early stage of carpal tunnel even though I wasnt experiencing any symptoms.

Both were corrected with surgery.

The upshot is the longer you leave it the worse the damage becomes on the nerve. The nerve will regenerate but extremely slowly, in fact so slowly that by the time it is recovered you have suffered irreversible muscle wastage because those muscles cant be adequately used, controlled and positioned without the feedback the nerves provide.

I hope you are able to get it corrected soon.

My wife was having trouble with carpal tunnel. She work behind a computer at a bank. She was talking to our chiropractor about it and he was able to fix it in just a few visits. I know this sounds like a bunch of bs but may be worth talking with a good chiropractor. I was having conic migraines (3-5 a week) for about three years and after a few weeks of adjustments every other day my migraines were gone. If anyone wants his contact information pm me and you can talk to him yourself. Very knowledgeable man about the human skeleton.

In June the tingling sensation came back and while fishing in Saskatchewan, I experience a cramp on my right wrist while trolling when I set the hook followed by my forefinger uncontrollably bend 90 degrees. It was not painful but it took awhile to settle ... and yes, I still reeled in a nice walleye. :D

When I got home, my primary doctor referred me to a orthopedic surgeon. He confirmed that I do have the signs of carpal tunnel and it seems that my muscles and nerves seems to be OK. He prescribed me 100 of vitamin B-6 2X/daily (apparently, carpal tunnel and diabetes sometimes causes vitamin B-6 deficiency), continue physical therapy exercises, and splint on bed time.

Three weeks ago I got my follow-up and the B-6 did not work. He referred me to neurologist to do a electromyogram (EMG) and nerve conduction test. Today, I had those test done it seems both my muscles and nerves tested very well, which is a very good thing. However, he said I might very well still have carpal tunnel issue.

I'm sure I'll hear from my orthopedic surgeon soon on what's the next best course of action.

IF you have carpal tunnel, get the surgery. The surgery is pretty easy.

Incision is about 1" in the lines of the hand and healing is fast and relief is instant and permanent.

You will not regret it.

IF you have carpal tunnel, get the surgery. The surgery is pretty easy.

Incision is about 1" in the lines of the hand and healing is fast and relief is instant and permanent.

You will not regret it.

Even though I am not suffering from pain (yet) as most carpal tunnel sufferer, I might be heading that way but it has to be after hunting season. :D My fishing buddy that is a surgeon highly recommended my orthopedic surgeon (a fellow bow/rifle hunter and fisherman), because of his advanced procedure and successful operations.

Thanks for the vote of encouragement. Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.