Uograding LRH gear

Korhil78

Well it appears that I am still living in the Stone Age as far as gear goes for longrange hunting and shooting. I still use a rangefinder, kestrel and ballistics app on phone to do all of my shooting. What I am looking to do is cut down on the time it takes me to get the data that I need to do elevation and windage adjustments. So I want to dump the entering all the info in the phone.

Correct me if I am wrong but if you get a kestrel 5700 with Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth and link it to say a Leica 2800.com rangefinder that the rangefinder will send the range to your kestrel and from there the kestrel will kick out the required data for elevation and windage based on baro pressure, temp, humidity etc? Or am I wrong?

And if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free.

Here's a free spreadsheet that's meant to make DOPE cards that actually work in the field even with changing conditions, up to a point. https://ballisticxlr.com/ballisticxlr-support/ you'll want version 10.5. If you have questions or need help PM me. For my money, gadgets are cool and all but when I get out in the field, they're the first thing that stops doing its job and I go back to hard copy. If you're a Density Altitude user, get the BallisticPRS version.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.