Unusual Wildlife Pictures

DSCN0064.JPG

The problem I had was carrying my Canon DSLR in pack since it weighs so much but I learned a valuable lesson on last elk hunt. I left it in tent since I thought it is too heavy for today's long trek that was planned. ARGHHH! I had elk 50 yards from me but more importantly, we had what I still believe was a wolf that stayed with us for a 1/4 mile, laid down and watched us eat lunch, walked across a deadfall over a small drainage cut and then laid down again licking his paws about 50 yards form us just sitting eating lunch. Can you even imagine the photos that I would have IF I had my Canon with me? NEVER AGAIN! It will be in pack no matter what! I can see him walking across that deadfall in my mind as clear as a bell but try to show that image to someone! What a photo op that was lost!

View attachment 83038 View attachment 83037 A couple pics of the vultures at were circling me. I heard that there was a Golden eagle hanging out in the area. So I climbed 1k feet and waited.View attachment 83037
I always feel vultures get a bad rap. The way they soar so effortlessly, the iconic and menacing silhouette...they're majestic in their own way. And most of all, they serve a very important purpose. It's kind of like that with a lot of humans too...the ones that do the jobs nobody else wants to do get looked down on by the more glamorous types...respect the clean up crew!

Recent Posts