Unusual Wildlife Pictures

Len your pictures are outstanding. They are crisp and clear. Please give us some tips. If anyone else has proven ways that will make us better please jump in. All players appreciated!

geo, thanks for the compliment.

Just mostly lots of years spending lots of hours learning to get better.

This Copperhead was enjoying his lunch in the middle of my shop floor.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 476
Smokepoles that is the little guy, tree frog, with the loudest voice in the woods at night. Unusual to see one during the day because they are so well camoed. They can give the Chameleon a run for his money when it comes to changing colors and matching back grounds. Varmintnv were you real close to the cottontail or big lens. Great pic.

[QUOTE=" Varmintnv were you real close to the cottontail or big lens. Great pic.[/QUOTE]
A little of both actually. I was maybe 30' away, but I was using a Nikon point and shoot camera with 42x optical zoom. I've since upgraded to the Nikon P90 with 83x optical zoom. Not the quality of glass of a good DSLR lens, but it works for my purposes.

We caught a pic of this guy Tuesday through the spotting scope on a Az bighorn hunt. He wasn't a shooter, but a nice photo op. We've seen 15-25 sheep every day. Wish it was my tag, my friend is going to get a nice one. Just happy to help on this hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
I'm hiding and you cant find me.

deergoatfawn%20029.JPG

It just a pelican but who would have thought they are common in Wyoming??
DSC00819.JPG

Rock chuck teaching me there are two ways to shoot varmints

DSC00756.JPG

I would have liked to put a bullet at the top of that rock but he is in the safe zone and knows it. This white tailed prairie dog has some different coloring to him and you don't see them climb often
DSC05018.JPG