Unsure on which stock, grs, McMillan or bell and Carlson?

SmileNW84Flash

Hi guys,

Have a howa varmint 223 which has a hogue over mould stock on it that I plan to replace. I have come to a tie with three different stocks and I am hoping i can get some comments about them from those who are familiar.

McMillan a5
Grs varmint/sporter
Bell and Carlson tactical vert grip

If i was to get the McMillan or grs they would pillar and glass bedded, the b&c has a bedding block so it would just be glass bedded. I have read the McMillan is probably the pick from the fibreglass/synthetic stock market, but I can't find much on the wood laminate grs stocks. Hoping for some advice as I am pretty lost. Thanks in advance

84, Boyd's has a Pro-Varmint laminated for $99 + a few $ more for some of their custom features. I bedded one for a friend which he upgraded to a laminate color instead of black and the Limbsaver pad, I think the TYD was $137. Very strong stock and great looks, but like most Boyd's the inletting must be checked and a bedding job applied. Good luck

6 BR has a good article on the GRS and I would look at the Manners EH1, 3 etc.

I just put a XLR Carbon Chassis on my 6.5x47 tactical rifle.

Many have found the hook on the A5 is not the best to work off a bag.

I have been running a GRS F-Class stock on my custom Rem 700 for just over 12 months, it performs very well, better in fact than my HS it replaced.
I don't think there's a great deal different to the varmint style, other than adjustable cheek piece and adjustable butt.
I like them and will use them again.

Cheers.
gun)

morning, call stocky's stocks, talk to the tech dept. describe to them what u

have. i use H&S precision stocks for all my rifles if possible. stocky's carries

whole line of these stocks. i just bought a stock for a mark V wbee,

german made 9 lug. this type german made weatherby takes a special

stock. the lady i talked to was very knowledgeable about rifle stocks.

she told me about the special stock made for german made wbee.

normally the H&S cost is roughly $400-$800 dollars. the special stock

for the wbee was $600. stocky's carries a very large varity of rifle stocks.

hope this is helpful.

just country life member NRA_TSRAlightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.