unstable 308

canjaeger

What do you think ? i am trying to develop a long range practice round useing a hornady 150 grn fmj useing wc 845 powder in my rem.vls .started with 39.5 grn pwdr.col. max for magazine 2.8 @100,200,300 meters great i achieve .75 mol accuracy but yesterday pushed it to 400 and iwas keyholeing the target bullet had lost stability what could be the culprit? oh by the way in the lee book the velocity is around 2500 fts using h335 data which was recomended by retailer and by the looks of the primer i am nowhere neer max preasure
thanks jaeger
smile.gif

I practice with what I intend to hunt with. My 308 likes the 168 grain Hornady A-max. I use 45 grains of H-Varget in Winchester brass in front of CCI bench rest primers. My barrel has a 1:12 twist and is 26 inches long. Give this load a try and see if you still have the same problem. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.