Unseen dangers of shooting

I had no problem stopping Copenhagen and smoking cigars after the doctor told me that I was showing the first stages of mouth cancer. If you get those ugly looking yellow spots on your lip where you keep your dip you might want to see a doctor and rethink your habit. It was easy to quit after he described how they remove the tissue and leave an open hole in your face for up to a year before they can graft new skin from your butt cheek.

That's a tough one. I use to chew many years ago. When I stopped I had instances just like you described. Keep working on it. Eventually you'll be able to decline an offer for a dip.

Any sissy can quit, but it takes a real a real man to face cancer!
" Dad didn't raise any quitters "
I quit about a dozen times since 1965... I've been off Cope for almost two years. It does get easier after a while but the craving never really goes away... Hang in there and take it a day at a time!

After two and a half months of not dipping Copenhagen, I went shooting with the B-I-L on Saturday. He offered me a couple dips, and of course I bought a can after I dropped him off. errrgghhh !
I dipped Kodiak/Grizzly for years and was able to quit........a couple times. All it took was a moment of weakness during a 'tough time' and all the work I put into quitting went right out the window. Nicotine is no joke and tough to truly shake off for good.
My most recent 'quitting' (year and a half ago) involved making the switch to vape and then working down from 12mg juice to 3 mg juice with plans to put it down for good. Haven't been able to put it down yet, but with UPS, USPS, FedEx etc now all saying that they will no longer ship Vape products beginning in April I'm gonna have to make a decision.
I wish you the best of luck kicking the habit, bro! You (and I) just have to WANT IT IN THERE!! 👍

Last edited:
Yes Gents it is 100% the most difficult thing I have ever done. I still love the smell of a cigarette but I haven't touched one for 10 years. Having kids was my motivation. A packet of 25 cigarettes in Australia is now about $40.

After two and a half months of not dipping Copenhagen, I went shooting with the B-I-L on Saturday. He offered me a couple dips, and of course I bought a can after I dropped him off. errrgghhh !
I can't even comprehend existence without coffee and Copenhagen snuff.

My vice is Pepsi......last winter after all the riding bicycles and exercise...had a six pack abs....slowed way down on Pepsi...
This winter..nasty windy cold...to much Pepsi..lack of exercise..gained most of it back....****.....
At 54...tough to keep good cycles of exercise and eating routines...

As a kid playing baseball..big leaf..BeachNut...
Tried skoal or Copenhagen one nite at the movie....puked my guts out...never did it again.....
Purdy sure I could point ya to the spot still on the street.......probably still smells too.....

@HockeyDad just throw it out and get back on the wagon, you can do it!

I quit Skoal over 9 years ago when my oldest son turned 8, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have had bouts with melanoma and my wife cringes when we think about the increased risk of cancer if I was still dipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.