Unit 43 in CO

mmh

I have access to some private land in unit 43 in CO. I have not hunted CO before & do not even have a license yet. It is my understanding that over the counter licenses are available for season 2 & 3 (but these are for bulls only, no cows). How is the bull elk hunting in season 2 & 3? I am thinking that I want to go but expect that this would be more of a scouting trip & would not expect to be successful.

Can anyone give me anymore insight? What kind of hunting can I expect, what are typical shot distances, etc. Also, would it be possible to get any mule deer tags - my understanding is no.

Last edited:
I have hunted there for 14 years. I have a lot of experience near the marble area. Anything north of the Placita trail I cant help you much with. Anything near marble, the mine, chair mountain or off the Placita trail and I can give you some pointers.

Where is the private land you can hunt?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.