Unfired SD/ES better than 1x Fired SD/es

No problem...and by the way both those results sound pretty good! Let us know how it does at range. Hopefully those low spreads continue and you get great results down range.

No problem...and by the way both those results sound pretty good! Let us know how it does at range. Hopefully those low spreads continue and you get great results down range.

All this came about because I had my barrel set back and wanted to see if the load had changed. I was previously using 46.4gr Varget w/ 155.5 Berger Fullbores. I was getting 3" vertical at 1000 yards. After the set back, I redid the OCW & chrono tests and both 46.2 & 45.8 were looking promising. Its a rare case that I get on a range greater than 100 yds so I am trying to get as much data as possible at 100 (realizing that it might be meaningless until I get on a longer range).

I'm thinking that I may settle on 2 loads. The first would be for 100yds that just gives me the smallest groups so I can work on technique. The second would be my long range load. 45.8 is looking promising for longer range. 100 yard groups were not great at about 7/16" but I was getting .9" (5 shot) groups at 300yds. I put a couple of rounds on top of each other at 750yds but it was pouring rain and called it a day.
Thanks again for the input.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.