Unertl scope bases

Saskatoon

Greetings,

I'm new to this board and am looking for LONG RANGE (1200 yd) Unertl scope BASES. Intend on shooting longrange with 20x Unertl and know that the front and rear heights are different than if I were shooting 300-500yds.

Does anyone have a pair or point me in the right direction?

Thanks and regards from SE Wiscconsin,

Saskatoon

im very familiar with the use of unertle scopes. it seems yesterday they were one of a very few scopes suitable for long range hunting and shooting.
more information will be required from you in order to obtain the proper bases.
brand of action being one. second being what style base does your scope require. there are two types of unertle bases. one being the target type, the other the posa type. both appear the same except for the slot cut in the side.
the posa would be deeper. that information is required for the proper bases.
you may not be aware that proper spacing is required in order to achieve 1/4 min clicks. other spacings will work provided 1/4 min isnt a requirment. an elevation chart you may prepare would need proper click value information.
basicly the blocks need be installed at 7.25" o c for 1/4 min clicks.
you may find one block on the barrel in order to do that.
with any standard action tapping new holes would be almost a given.

i would contact egw (evelution gun works) in quakertown pa.
they may help you by creating a one piece base for your specific action that will match the screw holes. they could taper it if required also. it may well extend slightly beyond your action in front in order to obtain proper block spacing. it could be flat on top allowing for installation of the standard flat bottom blocks.
i might also be able to point you in the right direction for just the standard scope blocks if you desire that route. i wouldnt be concerned about different heights. you could always add a thin shim under the rear block.
check the type base you need first.
you can pm me for more info.

Last edited:
Thank you, Yobuck.

The bases are standard target, NOT Posa. Action is WIN Mod 70, post '64. Barrel is heavy straight taper Obermeyer.

I am aware that spacing is critical for 1/4 MOA. The problem is to get my Unertl optical center to be set at 1000 or 1200yds. Plan to shoot 30-338 ONLY at 1200yds. So I need to "ramp" the front and rear bases to approximate that distance and keep the Unertl centered for elevation.

Would appreciate any info as to where the correct bases can be found

Regards,

Saskatoon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.