Unaccetable varianace in COAL with Berger VLDs?

Nosler Ballistic tips, Barnes txx & Hornady a-max have all shot well in my 6.5s and reasonable dimensional consistency seems to be there among different lot numbers...

My guess is that high demand is over riding QC at Berger....I have found 140 gr VLDs that have actually measured the same length as some of their 130 vlds....Now that is a problem...actual diameters have varied over .0005...Now where does your load go with those kind of differences....All dies wear a little with every swedge but hanging on to them looking at a bottom line is really coming out of our pockets with the extra shooting we have to do just to get it "right" again after our order comes made from new dies or a wore out set.....

I have bought thousands of Berger's over the past few years but with only a few hundred left I have no intention of buying any more until they can rectify their quality problems...

Don't get me wrong Berger bullets shoot great once you find their sweet spot....But the others as of late seem to be more consistent from lot to lot and therefore require less tune adjustment...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.