Ultralight Rear Shooting Bags 1.8oz

jdmecomber

Official LRH Sponsor
Hey guys it has been a while. Hope all is well.

This rear shooting bag is designed for hunters and shooters looking to lighten up their rear shooting bag. We have carried a rear bag in the mountains for years that weighed over 1 lb. For shooters that have extended range shots, and need a rear bag that is lighter weight. This will be the answer. The Ultralight Rear Shooting Bag weighs less than 2 oz. It usually comes in around 1.8 oz. It’s made from 600D Poly-with A-TacsiX camouflage. The fabric is polyurethane coated with a water repellent finish, making it weather-resistant and easy to clean. The orange loop is great for visibility and you can hang the bag off your bino-harness or backpack chest strap for easy access. The max rear adjust-ability is around 8" for those angled shots.

This item is shipped free separately

bagscale.jpg
bagscale.jpg

Last edited:

Joefrazell

That's pretty dang light! How's it compress when in use? Is it stiff enough?

sw282

No thank you. l want WEIGHT in my rear bag for stability and control.

jdmecomber

Official LRH Sponsor
No thank you. l want WEIGHT in my rear bag for stability and control.
We tried the fill out last year mule deer hunting in Utah. We just put the fill in a sock. It works great. Two bucks were taken at 650 and 750 yards. The fill did exactly what it was intended to do. Lighten up our rear bags and have stability for longer shots.

cowboy

Will give one a try. Ordered one last night and within a couple hours received an email that it had shipped.

highdrum

My shooting partner ordered one last week. We'll evaluate it. Shoot from 400-1400y pretty regularly. Sub 8# setups to 12# long range hunting rigs. Have some heavy *** prs rifles to try it with as well.

jdmecomber

Official LRH Sponsor
My shooting partner ordered one last week. We'll evaluate it. Shoot from 400-1400y pretty regularly. Sub 8# setups to 12# long range hunting rigs. Have some heavy *** prs rifles to try it with as well.
[/QUOTE]

That rifle in the Idaho pic is a full 26” barrel 7/300 Win Mag. Including the bipod and rounds in the gun the whole setup weighs 9lb

highdrum

That rifle in the Idaho pic is a full 26” barrel 7/300 Win Mag. Including the bipod and rounds in the gun the whole setup weighs 9lb
[/QUOTE]
I've found my 7.5# rigs are far more difficult to shoot past 600y than my 9# + rigs. They take much more attention to details, consistent loading and breath control. There is very little forgiveness in them.

Trending threads