ultralight actions??

snox801,

Can you smoothly run the bolt without taking the rifle from your shoulder? Even after my Pierce was ceracoated it was still difficult to operate from the shoulder.

Look at the actions made by EXTREME. They are super nice aswell. Only problem is a 12-18 month wait.

Brian

That's the main problem I see with picking an Ultralight action, they haven't really taken off yet so I guess not many are made at a time, maybe by "order" meaning you get in line till they make a "run" of ultra lights.

That's the main problem I see with picking an Ultralight action, they haven't really taken off yet so I guess not many are made at a time, maybe by "order" meaning you get in line till they make a "run" of ultra lights.

That won't be the case with Pierce. Mine was 90 days.

I would ask if you plan on ordering but both of my Pierce actions were within a few days of 90. I do have the lightweight bolt(chrome moly). I do believe they offer a titanium bolt now but I may be wrong. I love it. Mine is completely cerakoted. My second one is truly a custom. I had them cut a scallop out of the side and added the lightweight bolt. It is all chrome moly and nitrided. It is about 4 oz heavier. The guys there treat me like a friend and they meet their times. I feel the actions are better than any hunting action I have cycled which is most. I have not had my hands on a defiance or a LPA.

The Pierce with a Nitrided Ti bolt is one of the smoothest actions out there, the previous steel bolts were gummy but I've have cerakote many and the ran well after that. The new bolt will let you run it like a tactical jackhammer if you want but if your having to hang onto the knob like a gear shift I would say you need to work on your bolt manipulation technique!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.