Ultra short range Grizzly hunting!!

NorthernSniper

I know this is a long range forum but after taking a look at this video I thought you guy's might get a kick out of this bozo hunting Grizzly at short range. I can't believe how some people can be so dumb and so lucky at the same time. http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2832
wink.gif

That was cool......would have been cooler if he didn't drop the camera!

I think the guy is a bit of a Bullshi**er. He says he hit the bear perfect with the arrow at 4 yards, then the other guy shot him in self defence? My ***! That guy would have been toast if the other guy doesn't shoot.

He does have BIG HUGE GIANT balls.....not much brains though.

Quick survey....who believes him that the arrow that hit the bear at 4 yards dropped him?

It makes no sense, he says after he hit him at 4 yards he turned and went after the guy with the gun. Why would the bear do that?
I would think if he was charging at Mr. Bow, he would charge Mr. Gun unless Mr. Gun shot at him.

I also think there big balls was based a lot on a lack of brains!

[ 06-20-2004: Message edited by: John M. ]

Can anyone explain to me what was so stupid about that?
I mean if you want to take the bear with a bow how else would you do it?

Maybe because he wasn't sitting in a tree?
Not out of sight in a blind?

Because he didn't really put much thought into what was gonna happen after having alerted the bear with his first shot?

Sure, it's a bit straight up, but I liked it.
The bear isn't supposed to know you're there.

Might be a good idea to stand very still immediately after the shot though.
And have someone on hand with a rifle, or carry a big handgun.

BTW: JohnM, He didn't say the arrow dropped the bear, it turn him, toward the rifle shooter.

The Bow hunter said the bear broke off the charge at him and went for the rifle shooter. This does make sense and probably saved the duffuss bow hunters life. These big bears tend to have an extremely short fuse if any fuse at all and will attack anyone or anything that inflicts pain on them without a split seconds hesitation. I would think the big bear felt the impact of the bullet and went for the rifle shooter. The reason bow hunting grizzly is not a good idea is because they are a can of pure rage under high pressure they often take several shots from a 300 or 338 to put them on the ground and can cover 100yds in about 3 seconds if they want to.
smile.gif

Northern Sniper,

I first thought that the Bear probably went for the rifle shooter after he was shot with the rifle.

The bow hunter was saying it broke the charge on him and turned to the rifle shooter.....THEN the rifleman shot him.

That did not make sense to me at first, but I watched the video again....

My theory is that the rifleman was either with or behind the cameraman and both behind mr. bow. The bear charged the bow hunter and went for the rifleman after being turned by the last arrow. I listened to the words, the bow hunter says "don't shoot, I got a good arrow in him." Then the rifleman says "I'm sorry, but he charged me, he was 2 yards, only 2 1/2 steps away when I shot!"

He didn't say " I thought your were going to die A-hole" he says he was defending himself.

Maybe he would have died from the arrow, maybe not. BUT, even with that "fatal" arrow and 2 shots he still seemed to run a bit. He wasn't dead in front of them. One of them says "there he is down there" or something to that effect.

The reason I think they are idiots is they seemed to be unprepared and uninformed.
If I was bowhunting grizz, I'd have a pistol (or 2)on my hip.

[ 06-20-2004: Message edited by: John M. ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.