Ultimate new hunting rifle build

If red stag produced that in you, sika stags during their roar would produce an even more chilling sound down your spine.have a look on YouTube for sika roar. If you can, when you travel to nz, do your trip in South Island on red stags but try to extend your trip to the central north island for sikka stags just after, you won't regret it. And there is also excellent fishing to do around in the sika country . And as you have seen above , a simple tricked up tikka or Remington can do the job, spend your money on the travel and you could extend you trip to the first weekend of May for duck shooting opening weekend.

Wow where do I start....
The 300 PRC is a nice round but I don't feel it's needed. I am a big fan of the SAUM's the 7 has and will do anything anyone wants it to do in North America. Should work fine over there as well. We have our actions in medium length just for the saums. I just build one for a gentleman with the following..
Alpha&Omega XM action nitride
Proof sendero lite 26"
Mcmillan game hunter edge fill
Triggertech Diamond
XM BDL
we have all these parts in stock along with a lot others. I just finished a 300 prc for my banker, with the following
Alpha&Omega long action lite hunter.
Proof carbon sendero 26"
Manners EH1 ( one of my favorite hunting stocks)
Hawkins DBM
Triggertech special.

If you keep the original poster's request of Elk sized game to 1200yds and use 1500ft/lbs and a benchmark, you would need to launch a 195 EOL Berger at ~3250fps to make it. Not saying that is the end all be all but something to consider anyway. I love the 7mm but that is really getting out there on larger game.

Spot my son hunted,Hes solo
IMG_2723.JPG

He just has his bow,Not sure from his last message.Almost sound like he was in lock down,Hes bummed because best time and wants to get out.He real good hiker,hes in Napier now.His visa I think up in July

Lots of great suggestions. Can't go wrong with a bunch of them! I just received my package. I hunt mainly in the mountains, therefore wanted a lighter, compact setup. I have a gunwerks ClymR in a 30 nosler. Loaded with 215gr Berger's in a 22" proof. Shooting 2813fps in 1/4" @ 100yards. The stock feels very comfortable (more of a personal preference). On top is a 5-25 mark 5. All in it is 8lbs 2oz loaded.

98B2A7D2-886E-418C-BD27-8076F112C474.jpeg

Lots of great suggestions. Can't go wrong with a bunch of them! I just received my package. I hunt mainly in the mountains, therefore wanted a lighter, compact setup. I have a gunwerks ClymR in a 30 nosler. Loaded with 215gr Berger's in a 22" proof. Shooting 2813fps in 1/4" @ 100yards. The stock feels very comfortable (more of a personal preference). On top is a 5-25 mark 5. All in it is 8lbs 2oz loaded.

View attachment 185462
Looks great, nice piece and the 8lb2oz includes the bipod. Who was the one that replied it was impossible to build a complete setup under 8lbs that could make a kill at 1200 yards? Thanks for sharing this with me.

Wow, nice looking work! Now I am drooling all over myself with anticipation. Will probably be contacting you. Thanks again!

Hi Ranger Rick,
yes fighting to death with 20 to 100 stags in a paddock, 2 stags be locked up together fighting and the third stag will come in a stab one of the two in the guts. I happens a lot and with no overseas clients coming in to shoot them there's not enough room in the paddock for high testosterone stags rutting.
If it's a farming setup, dart them and cut their horns off to save them for next year.
Question, are there ANY free range stags in NZ? I feel like there are but now you've got me concerned.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.