ultimate long range coyote, medium range white tail, long range comp rig finished!

Re: ultimate long range coyote, medium range white tail, long range comp rig finished

Thanks man, I'm stuck out of town on a field job now. Hopefully my dies and brass will be there when I get home this weekend...

Re: ultimate long range coyote, medium range white tail, long range comp rig finished

Such guns and scopes are the dreams of long range riflemen. A beautiful, well constructed rifle.

My dream rifle would be as follows:

ACTION> Tikka or Browning A-Bolt W/3 lug bolt
BARREL> Obermeyer with 5R rifling
CHASSIS> Accurate Mag's new modular chassis or similar W/ folding stock
CALIBER> 6.5 mm Creedmoor
SCOPE> Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X50 W/Horus H59 reticle (I already have this scope.)

A boy can dream...

Start saving! It took me a while to build mine, a word of advice though would be if you wanted a SOlID 3 lug bolt would be a badger ordnance 2013 action, it's a little lighter than the 2008 action but just as strong and by the time you had the tikka or browning trued you wouldn't be far from one in cost and would have a much better foundation to build on. Plus it seriously helps on the resale side of things if you ever wanted/had to get rid of the gun, I was going to use a surgeon action but they quit selling actions alone so I just went with a trued remington.

Such guns and scopes are the dreams of long range riflemen. A beautiful, well constructed rifle.

My dream rifle would be as follows:

ACTION> Tikka or Browning A-Bolt W/3 lug bolt
BARREL> Obermeyer with 5R rifling
CHASSIS> Accurate Mag's new modular chassis or similar W/ folding stock
CALIBER> 6.5 mm Creedmoor
SCOPE> Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X50 W/Horus H59 reticle (I already have this scope.)

A boy can dream...

Well my brass and dies just got here but thanks to work I won't be getting a chance to shoot it for at least another 2 weeks... It's about to kill me!

Last edited:

That rifle you built is awesome. 243 is my favotite cart. Think I will dito my old 700 adl into that of yours. Nice.

Thanks man, parish Davis does good work!

Pondskipper,

Thanks for theBadger Ordinance info on 3 lug actions. I'll save it to Favorites so I can always remember thecompany name. I was not aware that any US custom company made 3 lug actions. This is good news - a trued action to boot.

My HS Precision/Rem. stainless long action is on a (natch) HS Precision stock but since it's in .300 Win Mag it is too powerful to be permitted in many long range competitions here in S. Nevada. That's why I'mgoing with 6.5 Creedmoor.

Nothing wrong with the 6.5 CM at all, if I remember right it's basically a 6.5XC, should give you longer barrel life than my 6xc with a great choice in bullets with more than acceptable BC numbers. Good luck with it and have fun, by the way, I did speak to a friend if mine at badger ordnance today while ordering an action for my lapua build and they are all sold out of the short actions so as soon as you can get an order in I would jump on it.

Well I finally got around to making some reloads last night for it and I decided to go out in the clay pit behind my house this afternoon just to check my bore sight job at 200 yards, the first thing I took a shot at was a little 2"x2" dirt formation that happens when it rains here, basically what it is is a rock sitting on top of hard red clay and when it rains the rock protects the dirt underneath it and makes a dirt pillar with a rock sitting on it, kinda neat looking actually. Anyway, I stuck one round in the mag to see just how well it would feed, no problems there! I got settled in and adjusted the rear bag and got the formation dead nuts in the center of the crosshairs, let one round fly and no more dirt/rock formation... Naturally I though it may have been a fluke and looked around for a bit and found a white piece if tile that was the same size and distance put the crosshairs on it and let one fly, turned the piece of tile into what looked like talc powder, I was quite surprised to say the least, I found an empty Tylenol bottle (small one) and sat it where the piece of tile was and took a shot at it and no more bottle, I've never had a rifle I've bore sighted that didn't need the slightest bit of adjustment that I could tell, I guess when you get really picky and take your time it pays off because I was seriously anal when I was bore sighting it. Recoil is about like a sporter weight 17hmr to say I'm pleased thus far is an understatement and I can't wait to go do my ladder test at the range!

Pondskipper;
That is ONE fine job you you accomplished... I may be a little dense, but what caliber did you wind up with on the Nice coffee table??

Knapper

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.