Ultimate backpacking rifle

Brambles

OK so I'm a gunaholic, my pastime is playing with rifles and stuff.

Here's a new one I Just finished inbetween work and building my house.

This is a project that I purposely tried to build a rifle that was 5lbs with a scope for the ultimate backpacking rifle.

It started life as a 260 Remington Ti

-So yeah its got the Titanium action
-Chambered in 7mm-08
-Custom pencil contour Hart SS barrel cut to 20"
-Gre-tan match pin/spring and shroud
-Lonewolf kevlar/Carbon Fiber stock
-BDL bottom metal, probably could have dropped some weight there but I prefer BDL

Metal work done by Bill Leeper
Stock work done by myself

It tips the scales at 4lbs 15 ounces scoped
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Hopefully get to the range within the next week or two. Wanna hunt with it a little this fall, sure does point nice and for such a light rifle it sure holds steady offhand.

The scope is a Leupold ultralite 2-7x33 LR and it has Talley one piece Rings/Bases.

WOW, great looker. Certainly could have used that on an Alaskan goat hunt, sheep hunt, backpack dear hunt etc. . . I was happy with my 6.5 lb rig (more powerfull optics) but when you are climbing mountains every ounce counts thats why the pack nuts cut the tags out of there clothes and trim belts and laces. Looks like a dream to carry, good caliber. Congrats on a nice build, send us results!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.