Ultimate 7

Thats the 28 SM I mentioned.
Modified 300 PRC case. Dies, reamers, head stamped ADG brass all in stock.
That went right over my head until I just read the last post again 😂, may be contacting you when my 28 nosler is burnt out. Sounds like a fun cartridge.

Here is a pic of the 28 and 30 SM
195 Berger at 3.720"
IMG_20200306_175138901.jpg

Right now I am working on load development for my 7mm LRM and am getting 2960 with 195's and H-1000 with no signs yet of pressure. Might be able to squeeze a little more out of it with N570. The two cartridges above look intriguing though.

Right now I am working on load development for my 7mm LRM and am getting 2960 with 195's and H-1000 with no signs yet of pressure. Might be able to squeeze a little more out of it with N570. The two cartridges above look intriguing though.
The SM reamer will clean up your chamber and probably get you up to 3200' if you wanted to run it hard. Should be good loads in the mid 3100's

The Sherman (7 Max or 28SM) will do it. The Max will do it with efficiency - much less powder. I throated my Max .040" longer to seat the 195 a tic longer to enjoy full case capacity. The 40 degree shoulder will benefit case life and throat erosion. The WSM will do it too, but then you have to reload poo poo brass and it has need of some design improvements. One could also alter or load down some others and kinda create their own wildcats, but Rich Sherman already did it and has the reamers, brass, dies and advice to get you there quick.

With Hornady brass? Man you must have gotten some good stuff. When I was shooting the lrm, I was shooting 180 hybrids at that speed to get brass to last, anything above 3k it was one and done.

With Hornady brass? Man you must have gotten some good stuff. When I was shooting the lrm, I was shooting 180 hybrids at that speed to get brass to last, anything above 3k it was one and done.
I am not sure what manufacturer it is, I got the brass from them roughly 6 months ago. I hear they are now getting their brass from ADG. It still looks like the Hornady brass though as the weight of the brass is all over the place. I just started with this load so I will have to wait and see. I haven't seen any signs of issues yet but it is early in the process.

I am not sure what manufacturer it is, I got the brass from them roughly 6 months ago. I hear they are now getting their brass from ADG. It still looks like the Hornady brass though as the weight of the brass is all over the place. I just started with this load so I will have to wait and see. I haven't seen any signs of issues yet but it is early in the process.
Keep us posted,,,interested...thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.