U.S. EMBARGOS MILDOTS

Riflescopes.com will only ship to US addresses. Something to do with Dept. of Defence Regulations.

Robbo I don't know what the exchange rate is but, I'm sure we can find you a 21,000 acre ranch out in westTexas somewhere.

You are welcome anytime in this State and that goes for any of you especially those in Crazyfornial
grin.gif

I tried to call the State Department and get first hand info on this but it was a futile effort... Phone message after phone message...

202.663.2700 if you care to try for yourself.

Randy, as far as leaving OZ ( you've got to be kidding ) still the best place in the world.
Texas, thanks for the offer but I would need something a little bit bigger than that hobby farm to entice me.
Thanks all the same guys
smile.gif

Well people it would seem Leupold is the culprit and is acting on it's own. I just got my Nightforce NXS with a Mildot reticle (bought from Lilja). It was tagged by customs as being opened but the seal to the factory packaging was intact. Anyhow I'm real impressed with so far and I wish ALL my rifles had the Badger rings and bases (lol)

300sdl, I can appreciate how you might consider Canada "anti-gun", however, you are quite wrong.

Let's distinguish between Canadians and the present Cdn Govt. Unfortunately, now two separate entities where the latter doesn't give a rip about the former.

Understand that up until the recent decisions of our independent govt, we have stood shoulder to shoulder on every world conflict and issue. The present govt is about to get "retired" and maybe the new one will get back to governing, building strong business and political ties, and unfolding the map of Canada that includes lands east and west of the Ontario/Quebec empire.

Gun Control, C68, is a govt program now turning into one of Canada's largest boondoggles. The level of civil disobedience against these laws is extensive.

The further you get from Ottawa, the more firearms, their responsible ownership and use goes up. As a group, we own a lot of firearms.

So I hope you understand that we do not agree with what is being done to our sport and heritage. Besides, the money wasted could be spent actually stopping real crime like US smuggled guns for our pot.

If you or others are planning a hunt in Canada, you will not be disappointed. We are working stiffs like you who are feeling the increasing invasion of our 'well meaning' bureaucrats. Besides we got some pretty big deer happening.

Jerry

PS Most of the restrictions on firearms and their related gear (like this scope reticle deal) is from the US Govt' not from Canada.

It is my understanding that scopes now cannot be sent to anyone in Canada without an export permit. Just have one sent to the nearest US location of UPS and go pick it up at the customer counter.

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Last edited:
What next? No .223 or .308 anything? This is a bit absurd since the last I checked (about two weeks ago) you could still buy these models "in" Canada.

I do not understand why some places in the States will/can send "gun parts" to Canada while others claim they cannot? For example I cannot buy a Rifle Basix Trigger from US dealer A but I can go and buy said trigger from dealer B. Which dealer is breaking the law, if either? Then the next thing that blows my mind is that I can drive down to the States purchase these products, and bring them back to Canada no questions asked from either side of the border.

This is in no way intended to be a slam on my friends and neighbours to the South. I can understand wanting to protect one's soldiers but there is a limit. So I do not buy a Leupold mil-dot scope from Leupold but get it done at Premier or I buy a Nightforce.

So every time I order something from Natchez or BassPro or go into their store when I go to Florida and take it back to Canada, I am going to jail? Bullets, brass, binoculars, MRE's. A knife from Walmart? I bought some gun cleaner back last time. Please don't turn me in. I voted Alliance and not for Jean. I support our American friends.
What about the few brave American hunters that still come here with their equipment. Will W slap the cuffs on them and ship them to Guantanamo?
Thanks Osama

I was told by a very good source today that the ban has been suspended and we are now able to order the dreaded dots.
Hope Leupold wakes up to this SAP.

Ian, if your snipers would tone down their combat displays of excellent ELR shooting, and stop winning so many comps we wouldn't have to do this.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.