Type S bushings/ couple questions.

bob4

Am I correct that with Type S FL bushing dies that the bushings are sold separately? Also Redding makes a bushing that fits all. In other words I just order their .300 and a .301 and it will fit my 270 type S die? My loaded ammo measures .303 so I am looking for .002 and/or .003 tension. Any real benefits to the Titanium nitride over the steel bushing? Hate to order and wait to find out I ordered wrong.

Bushings are sold separately. If your loaded ammo measured .303 at the outside of the neck then, yes, you will want a .300 or .301 for .002-.003 tension. The titanium is less likely to mar your brass.

For less expensive shipping take a look at ordering from E. Arthur Brown. I just ordered a couple bushings recently and they shipped it for $4.

I use the regular steel bushings. It's best to use a little lube on the neck but not absolutely necessary.

If you reload a lot I wold go with titanium they wear less if not the steel should be fine like above said make sure to lube with the steel titanium probably won't matter

Yes the Redding bushings will fit all the Redding dies that use bushes. If by chance you had a 222, 223 and a 22-250 that all had the same thickness brass (very unlikely) at say 0.250 and you had one 0.248 bushing you could swap it from one set of dies to the others.

Get the CRT bushings from whiddens I found them to be alot more consistent size wise than reddings.

Yes, the bushings fit all S dyes. I would strongly recommend lubing the necks whether using the titanium or stainless bushings. Any kind of grit on the un-lubed necks can scratch either type bushing, thus scratching all brass subsequently sized. Having used both, for the last several years I have used the stainless exclusively, saved some bucks, and gotten superb results. With proper lube, they will not wear out/change dimension. IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.