Two Wyoming Bow Hunters Encounter Grizzlies

haha, I was very curious when I saw this story come out too. My best guess is they didn't release all the details right away due to an ongoing investigation, but they didn't say that either.

Yeah, Grizzly attacks in Montana and Wyoming are the "new normal" now they have expanded to more than double of what the "original recovery zone" that was set by USFWS. That standard was set as a designation so they would be considered "fully recovered as a sustainable species". Now in Mt. we have them making a living in subdivisions in some parts of the state. A guy up in the Swan Valley had 18 different grizzlies eating his 100 acre corn crop. He lost 26% of his crop to them. This was documented by Mt. Fish Wildlife Parks. One Grizzly biologist was quoted as saying " When you go out to recreate in Mt. you now have to assume they are in every drainage in the state" They are expanding at an alarming rate. There have been several instances in the state just in the last couple years where guys deployed their bear spray and the bear blew right thru it - not once but twice. Stay safe and shoot straight !

A Risk we all take.
far-side-sandwiches.jpg

Wished it was non fatal for all.
So many humans have come here to CO in the last few years and more are residing in or near NF.
Lately, if a wild animal so much as expels gas near a person, they euthanize it. All joking aside, find the numbers from the past year, it is ridiculous, with few human deaths if any at all.

A couple guys were hunting in Griz country, they were getting ready to climb in their sleeping bags. One guy is lacing up his tennis shoes, the other guy says do you really think you can outrun a bear by putting on those tennis shoes ? The other guy says I don't have to outrun the bear , I just have to outrun you ! Old Joke but a good one.

"Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my ! " Yes there are bears in the Rockies. There should be a very limited season to create the "fear effect". As long as the States don't have the balls to tell the tree huggers to pound salt, humans keep breeding like flies and insist on being stupid in bear country attack will continue. Eventually all alpha predators will become extinct for the same reasons the European Cave Bear is gone. ----- too many hoomins !

"Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my ! " Yes there are bears in the Rockies. There should be a very limited season to create the "fear effect". As long as the States don't have the balls to tell the tree huggers to pound salt, humans keep breeding like flies and insist on being stupid in bear country attack will continue. Eventually all alpha predators will become extinct for the same reasons the European Cave Bear is gone. ----- too many hoomins !

Several of the states that have grizzlies would love to have a limited hunting season on the bears. However, leftest,greenie, tree-hugging judges shoot down every attempt by the states to regulate and control their grizzly population! Federal judges are the problem! memtb

Yes Obama judges are the problem. The Governors have to tell them to pound salt and assert states' rights. These asshat judges could do nothing as Trump would order DOJ not to support them.

Problem is Governors have no balls.

If you carry a handgun for Griz defense make sure it has a ramp front sight. That way it will hurt less when the bear shoves it up your @$$. When Smith made those grizzley kits a few years back they had bright orange and yelow grips. My old man said that was so the ranger could easily identify which pile of bear dung to send back to your widow!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.