TWO KILLS

wyowinchester

Went up with a buddy last week and arrowed a nice moose. Glad he was there for that. He went home and we both rigged up for elk. I went up to my camp the day before I could hunt to get thing ready. The next morning I pout on a few miles and found only one, hunter. No sign, or sound of elk. Went back to camp and took a nap, and decided to go for a walk. About 3/4 of a mile away I liked the looks of the meadow and creek. Made myself comfortable and started some cow calls. About an hour later A cow and a calf come strolling in. Soon here comes a little bull. I called one more time and he came over to see. He came to 20yds and caught my movement.I stopped him and he just looked at me. Guessed him at 30. He was really 40. {I know.} Well it hit him low and he was off. Tracked him till dark, {up hill} and gave up till this morning. I got back on the blood and snuck in some thick young trees. About 50yds in I see this head looking at me. There's my bull. He let me get to 10yds and then got nervous. Nothing but his neck and head above the trees. We stood there for several min, but he wouldn't turn. So.. put my 20yd pin on a branch and slipped the arrow thru the hole in the trees. Rage cut his wind pipe, jugular, and hit his vertebra. I didn't have to bleed him. Quartered and packed him out. You learn lessons when you hunt. {OR SHOULD}

Went up with a buddy last week and arrowed a nice moose. Glad he was there for that. He went home and we both rigged up for elk. I went up to my camp the day before I could hunt to get thing ready. The next morning I pout on a few miles and found only one, hunter. No sign, or sound of elk. Went back to camp and took a nap, and decided to go for a walk. About 3/4 of a mile away I liked the looks of the meadow and creek. Made myself comfortable and started some cow calls. About an hour later A cow and a calf come strolling in. Soon here comes a little bull. I called one more time and he came over to see. He came to 20yds and caught my movement.I stopped him and he just looked at me. Guessed him at 30. He was really 40. {I know.} Well it hit him low and he was off. Tracked him till dark, {up hill} and gave up till this morning. I got back on the blood and snuck in some thick young trees. About 50yds in I see this head looking at me. There's my bull. He let me get to 10yds and then got nervous. Nothing but his neck and head above the trees. We stood there for several min, but he wouldn't turn. So.. put my 20yd pin on a branch and slipped the arrow thru the hole in the trees. Rage cut his wind pipe, jugular, and hit his vertebra. I didn't have to bleed him. Quartered and packed him out. You learn lessons when you hunt. {OR SHOULD}
Pictures!!!!
Thought you post would have been "Two Kills" One Arrow!

Awesome!!

What did you take with the third arrow. we would have been more impressed if you shot a moose the arrow went through an then an aelk was standing close and you got it too,
Had to shoot the elk a second time. Just a spike, but I got two more cow tags. and a moose. He'll do for me this year.

Attachments

• 2021 elk.jpg
    2021 elk.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 324
  • just moose.jpg
    just moose.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 316
What did you take with the third arrow. we would have been more impressed if you shot a moose the arrow went through an then an aelk was standing close and you got it too,
Did that with 300WM several yrs ago on whitetails. Didn't even see the second til I got to the first one and noticed steam from the second one 25 yds further. Luck!!