Two groups at same time? Same gun and ammo

As others mentioned, check you scope mount, especially if you had just change it.its likely moved

checked scope mounting on a new vortex scope! Let it cool between each shot as well as groups. The fore end bolt is also the sling swivel stud. No sling on it! Ill find proper torque and check this bolt. This is a semi automatic rifle you are aware I'm sure. No rounds left in gun! We did find that the cooler the barrel the higher the shots hit!!! Hotter barrel made shots go lower, bassackards from a bolt gun!?! Go figure

Yes I'm quite aware that the BAR is an auto rifle. The nut I was talking about is the nut that attaches the foreend to the rifle (barrel). Unless Browning changed them, yours could be different.

cheek weld is off. I just went through this with my rifle. I would get .5inch groups but the groups would be apart from each other a few inches. I put a cheek riser pad on my stock and it has now gone away.

cheek weld is off. I just went through this with my rifle. I would get .5inch groups but the groups would be apart from each other a few inches. I put a cheek riser pad on my stock and it has now gone away.
Thanks that is exactly what I was just thinking about!! I have observed my shooter buddy seemingly having trouble getting his head steady to make a shot

No specifics were given on the scope, but assuming it's a fairly standard hunting scope with 40mm objective at 150 yd fixed parallax focus - the max error associated with any parallel effects is < 1/4" at 100 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts