Two groups at same time? Same gun and ammo

tribb

Shooting browning b a r with hand loads it shot two very nice groups but they were 3" apart!!!!!! That's 6 shots. Total

That six shots is really your group size.
Yes I realize that!!! But the question is what made it shoot 3 in a1 inch group and 3 in a 2 inch group that is 3" up and 1.5" to left of the1" group? It's a browning bar right!!

Let us all know when you figure it out. If all fasteners are snug, then I'd venture to propose the scope is failing, or the bedding of the rifle could use some improvement. Or you drank a few cups of coffee (or something more potent) between the 1st 3 shots, and the 2nd 3 shots.

Let us all know when you figure it out. If all fasteners are snug, then I'd venture to propose the scope is failing, or the bedding of the rifle could use some improvement. Or you drank a few cups of coffee (or something more potent) between the 1st 3 shots, and the 2nd 3 shots.
Don't drink, everything is tight, browning BAR rifles don't have bedding,maybe it needs some?

......Don't drink, everything is tight, browning BAR rifles don't have bedding,maybe it needs some?......

I've never owned a BAR, fooled with one, or even seen one lately. So file this however you like.

Not being a wise .....but they are all bedded, some of them in a fashion that actually contributes to an accurate system

2 piece stocks are a bit more difficult, and I have no BAR experience, but for sure maybe it needs some.

I would normally suggest you change your seating depth but this would be for a bolt action.

Ive never handloaded for a gas operated semi auto action so not sure if the same principal applies?

The other suggestion would be to crony your loads, this could also tell you something about your rounds if its not related to anything loose like scope mounts/action screws etc.

I just shot a 3 shot .5" group sunday, then shot 2 shots into almost the same exact hole, 2" right 1" up. Nothing changed.

looked at my scope, rings were loose, scope slid back and had a new zero. OOPS!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.