Twist rate help

MemorialRifle

Ok so I have been posting asking about bullets and so far out of my 30-378 I can't get anything to shoot much less than 1.5 in now so far I have only tried Berger 210 VLD and the nosler parTitions and next was Thinking about trying the Berger hybrids but not sure what grain to shoot out of my 28in 1in10 barrel ???

Berger says 1-10 twist will stabilize even the 230 grain bullet. With the case capacity of the 30-378 that's where I'd start.

Its your seating depth, with a typical h20 capacity of just under 124grns from a fired neck sized case 100-104grns of retumbo has the ability to push 210 bergers fast enough in a 10 twist to shred the jacket. I would try the 200grn accubond, most weatherbys will shoot them pretty good and you should be able to get 3300fps, use Retumbo and fed215m primers and work your way up slowly from about 98-99grns.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.