Turret Cap for Exposed Turrets

Turret Topper

Hey guys
I don't post a lot on here but I do read quite a bit. My other screen name on the forums is marcuscrobinson. I am looking for some feedback on this product I am trying to get into production. I really like this item and have been using it on my scopes and I have a buddy that has been using a couple prototypes on his scopes also. I just want to see if there is enough interest in this to warrant taking this to full production. I don't want to invest a bunch of money into something and have it go belly up. I am patent pending and really want to get this up and going. I hope you guys are interested in this and it is something that will help you out.

I use this on my Vortex Viper HS LR scopes and my buddy uses this on his Huskemaw and a Vortex HS LR. This product will fit the Vortex Viper PST and Vortex Viper HS-T scopes with the exposed turrets also. If this is a product that people would be interested in we could make a cap to fit other exposed turret scopes too.

We were having problems with our elevation turrets moving on us. I hunt quite a bit off horses and I was having a hard time with my turret rubbing on the inside of my scabbard and moving my scope off zero. Sometimes you need to make a quick shot and I didn't like having to worry about whether my scope was on zero for close fast shots that sometimes happen. I have had my turret move while carrying my rifle on a sling. My buddy uses the Eberlestock with the scabbard and he has had issues with his turret moving while carrying his rifle that way. I came up with this idea and started using it last year and it works great for me.

Last year while using this on my gun I let my sister use my gun on a nice 4 point buck that we had jumped while riding horses through some thick cedar trees. He ran through one opening and gave her one chance for a shot. We jumped off our horses and I pulled my gun out and handed it to her and she made the shot at 175 yards. My gun was zeroed for 200. If I would have had to take any time to confirm the turret was at zero by messing with turning the turret to the zero stop and back up to zero my sister might have missed an opportunity on her best buck to date.

Here is a little video showing this product. This is not really an advertisement but I am looking for honest opinions and feedback on this. I know companies don't usually do this kind of thing to kick off their product but I am not in a position where I have a lot of money to risk getting this up and going without knowing if there is a place for this product in the market. Please look at this and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Marcus Robinson
Turret Topper

[ame]https://youtu.be/uLKG0jENXW8[/ame]

Marcus, I watched your demo video and I think your product is pretty cool.

Remind me later this month and we'll mention it in the next Newsletter.

It's a very simple and effective item that would be useful for guys that do a lot of hiking and horse backing while hunting. I like it, very cool and great idea!

It looks like a practical solution to a problem. My son (USMC Recon) liked it as he has had problems with the turrets moving on his personal rifle.
Make it aesthetically pleasing with low cost of production and I think you will have a winner.
z

Not many guys have said much about this here. I would like to hear if people are interested in this or not. Please give me some input.
Thanks
Marcus

It looks like a practical solution to a problem. My son (USMC Recon) liked it as he has had problems with the turrets moving on his personal rifle.
Make it aesthetically pleasing with low cost of production and I think you will have a winner.
z

Thanks for the reply. Please tell your son Thank You for his service.
Thanks
Marcus

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.