Turning a belt off!

Rich Coyle

Someone posted adding a belt or turning one off is superfluous. I responded......
"Rich Coyle said:
I'm one who does superfluous work. I turn the belt off of 7 Remington Magnum brass to make it into 9.3 x 64 brenneke brass. I then neck it to 6.5 put, it Weatherby radii on the shoulder and it's called 6.5 Coyle. Superfluous perhaps fun absolutely."

"I'm not calling you a liar but this is the internet. Pics or it didn't happen."

The one on the left is a 9.3X64 Brenneke that I can not seem to find anymore. So I had a couple hundred Laupa 7 Rem Mag cases corrected to their proper shape. The one on the right is fire formed. The shoulders are rounder than appear in the photo.

1516942276740.jpg

You are not the only one Rich. A 1000 yd BR shooting friend of mine had me turn off the belts on a 300 Weatherby magnum for him. His reamer was ordered without the recess for a belt on purpose. I used a collet chuck in my lathe.

Ross

Someone posted adding a belt or turning one off is superfluous. I responded......
"Rich Coyle said:
I'm one who does superfluous work. I turn the belt off of 7 Remington Magnum brass to make it into 9.3 x 64 brenneke brass. I then neck it to 6.5 put, it Weatherby radii on the shoulder and it's called 6.5 Coyle. Superfluous perhaps fun absolutely."

"I'm not calling you a liar but this is the internet. Pics or it didn't happen."

The one on the left is a 9.3X64 Brenneke that I can not seem to find anymore. So I had a couple hundred Laupa 7 Rem Mag cases corrected to their proper shape. The one on the right is fire formed. The shoulders are rounder than appear in the photo.

View attachment 115228

Badass. Thanks for sharing. How does it shoot?

What gave you the idea? I don't know anything that shoots that Brenneke cartridge that isn't a Russian sniper rifle.

Rich were did you get Lapua 7mag brass? I just got a 7mag and am looking for a good supply of brass. I looked on Lapua site and it doesn't look like they make any belted mag brass.

ADG will be making 7mag soon. They're other offerings are top notch, so it will be as well. 7RM and 264WM shooters will have stout, consistent, quality brass at low prices soon. I purchased 150 338 RUM cases from them, 2.4 grain spread over whole lot. Just as consistent as lapua in my book.

Badass. Thanks for sharing. How does it shoot?

What gave you the idea? I don't know anything that shoots that Brenneke cartridge that isn't a Russian sniper rifle.

When I fired a ladder at 300 yards shots number 2-8 made a group measuring 1 1/2". Its accuracy node was at the beginning of the velocity so it runs 3,160 feet per second with Hammer Sldegehammer 130 grainers. They ran clear up to 3,300 fps, but were not as accurate as the starting loads.

I really like the Weatherby Mark V six lug action (26 ounces) and the Weatherby radii. So I purchased a used .25-06 and used it for one season before rebarreling it to my wildcat. I looked for a case that would allow magnum performance in a .30-06 length action: Enter 9.3X64. After having it chambered I could not get a brass supply so I got the Norma, NOT Laupa like I erroneously stated previously. The bolt face had to be opened .030".

Rich were did you get Lapua 7mag brass? I just got a 7mag and am looking for a good supply of brass. I looked on Lapua site and it doesn't look like they make any belted mag brass.

I didn't. That was a mistake. I just checked the head stamp and they are Norma. Sorry, man.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.