Turn down Thread Protector-GS needed

Shane Lindsey

Greetings,
I have a 308 win with a thread protector that I would like to have turned down to match the barrel contour. Muzzle brake matches perfect and never thought to have this done. Don't want to hunt with the brake on it though.

Anyone of you gentlemen willing to do this? I don't have any local GS that I would trust to do this. Or if you can make one to this size that will work also.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shane

3D004D63-99FF-46E7-B5CF-03C14B11EE7F.jpeg
7E907F71-36C2-4080-A1C5-FC999F8352AF.jpeg
40D58181-3693-4511-B699-64B33A30226B.jpeg

That's gonna scratch it up when you remove it unless it's just finger tight. And to get a nice blend your barrel has to be removed and chucked up in a lathe.

To add to it, it will also be bare steel. You would hope it was stainless but if it wasn't it would rust on your hunt

Last edited:
Could the threads be cut off and the muzzle crowned? Since it would have to be chucked in a lathe anyway.

If you just want it turned down to .826, and knurled PM me- I'll thread it on mandrel, turn it down and knurl it. Throw it in with another black Cerakote job.
No fuss, no muss, 20 minutes tops. No charge.

A short thread protector like that doesn't need taper blending like a longer brake would for a perfect "blend".
It's just a nut for cripes sake...

I always have to make them from scratch for bull barrels...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.