Turn a fluted barrel down ?

rando8586

Have a Krieger 8 wt barrel in 22-250ai ,can it be turned down? Too heavy for this old man. Will replace with carbon barrel if can't lighten this 1. Would be a waste .as less than 100 rounds fired. Thanks, Randall

/

Have a Krieger 8 wt barrel in 22-250ai ,can it be turned down? Too heavy for this old man. Will replace with carbon barrel if can't lighten this 1. Would be a waste .as less than 100 rounds fired. Thanks, Randall

/
I bought a bartlien barrel the man at grizzly told me it was a sendero contour when I received it it was 1 1/4 inch at the end of the barrel I called bartlien asked if they would trade me barrels they told me no I asked what they could do he said they would turn it down for me cost me 60 dollars and shipping both ways truth be known they probably didn't go to trouble turning it down probably pulled one off the shelf so I ended up having another hundred in a barrel I shouldn't of had. David

You're not going to save enough weight to make a difference- particularly because it's already fluted to reduce weight for that contour.

Get yourself the CF...