Turkish Wild Boar Hunting

Thanks for sharing the photos of the harvest and beautiful scenery. I was also curious how they deal with what looks to be very mature hog.
What is the average weight of the boars? What do they do with the meat? Do they cure it or just eat it. The wild boar I've had, had a wild tast not like raised pork. Is there a limit on the hunts and how many types of game can you hunt? What type of deer can you hunt?? Great pictures. What caliber did you use?

What is the average weight of the boars? What do they do with the meat? Do they cure it or just eat it. The wild boar I've had, had a wild tast not like raised pork. Is there a limit on the hunts and how many types of game can you hunt? What type of deer can you hunt?? Great pictures. What caliber did you use?
Few of you guys asked what thay do with the meat. l eat Pork. but Turkish people call them selfs muslims but thay are not like the muslims in arab countrys, thay drink arcohol and do everything thay are basicly the most modern muslims if that makes sence, but most of them 95% to be exact, do not eat pork. so the meat goes to waist or thay use it to feed the hounds ( dogs ). thay take the tropys and just leave the animal there to rot most of the time.
Yeah sad l know but no one can change that. so basicly thay just hunt them for fun and to protect there crops.
l eats good old bacon in front of them all the time and its just funny how thay all laugh at me while lm eating it :) the saim thing as what l would think of if l saw someone eat rats or dogs l guess :)
avarage weight of a decent male boar would be around 200 kilograms. big females can weigh higher. so if you shoot a big Boar thay can weigh around 300 kilograms. thay pretty big, scary too on driven hunts when thay are running straight at you, Or if you are bow hunting or shotgun hunting over bait at night and take the shot from 5 yards on the ground without useing a stand..!!! l do that for a very exciting experiance. Very big trouble if thay dont fall instantly or if there is a groop of them. you shoot one and the rest run all over the place :) you cant sneek up on them to that distance, you sit in the dark in a forest and wait by the bait waiting for them to come. great excitement listening to them walking through the dark woods heading right for you.

Thank you for sharing the pictures and information on the meat. What kind of deer is in the picture??
Thats Anatolian RED DEER. there isnt many of them left as the anatolian lands have been home to really ancient civilizations, thay have been hunted heavly through out the years. you can still find them in parts of central anatolia and the black sea region. you are alowed to hunt them but thay are on the expencive side

Thats Anatolian RED DEER. there isnt many of them left as the anatolian lands have been home to really ancient civilizations, thay have been hunted heavly through out the years. you can still find them in parts of central anatolia and the black sea region. you are alowed to hunt them but thay are on the expencive side
Thank you I thought it was a red deer but wasn't sure. Great looking animal. Really enjoyed your post and pictures. Too bad they don't eat pork especially bacon and ham. They are missing out with all those wild boars running around. Thanks again. I really enjoyed your post.

Thank you I thought it was a red deer but wasn't sure. Great looking animal. Really enjoyed your post and pictures. Too bad they don't eat pork especially bacon and ham. They are missing out with all those wild boars running around. Thanks again. I really enjoyed your post.
no worries mate. l give them bacon sandwitches and dont tell them its bacon. and thay love it :)