Turkey photos 2022 open to all members

Good job Dad! He will
My 8 year old took his first animal this morning. It was cold and windy and my expectations were very low.
He was standing in the blind "dancing" to keep warm when he leaned over and asked "should we shoot that?" I turned to look behind me and this Tom had popped up into our blind spot. The little guy put a great shot on him and the "celebrating" began. I've never been so happy on a hunt in my life. Seeing his smile was something I'll never forget. View attachment 360873View attachment 360874

My 8 year old took his first animal this morning. It was cold and windy and my expectations were very low.
He was standing in the blind "dancing" to keep warm when he leaned over and asked "should we shoot that?" I turned to look behind me and this Tom had popped up into our blind spot. The little guy put a great shot on him and the "celebrating" began. I've never been so happy on a hunt in my life. Seeing his smile was something I'll never forget. View attachment 360873View attachment 360874
Well I tried to say congratulations but he phone blew up! He will remember this always !!!!!

Never had to buy any fancy clothes or turkey calls when I lived in the foot hills of California.
Just had to open the patio door and take your pick. Turkeys just trying to make a living. lol
Never a shortage of Turkeys there. Sometimes there were over 20 of them at one time. A big
Tom would sit on top of the house and watch and when they were done wrecking havoc they would
go down to the creek below. The big Tom would fly down and what a wingspan...

Attachments

• TurkeyTime.jpg
    TurkeyTime.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 84
  • TurkeyTime1.jpg
    TurkeyTime1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 81
Never had to buy any fancy clothes or turkey calls when I lived in the foot hills of California.
Just had to open the patio door and take your pick. Turkeys just trying to make a living. lol
Never a shortage of Turkeys there. Sometimes there were over 20 of them at one time. A big
Tom would sit on top of the house and watch and when they were done wrecking havoc they would
go down to the creek below. The big Tom would fly down and what a wingspan...
Looks like you need a bigger bird feeder!

Well past the end of season and waiting for fall…Eastern in Pennsylvania and Merriam in SD. Great 2022 season thus far.

Good luck to anyone with a fall season and tags!

Dave

Attachments

• A4EF139F-78CC-43CE-9959-A8000A64E7F1.jpeg
    A4EF139F-78CC-43CE-9959-A8000A64E7F1.jpeg
    867.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 07F9F079-BB97-4BB7-B431-FDCF09F60D91.jpeg
    07F9F079-BB97-4BB7-B431-FDCF09F60D91.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 75
This was the funnest turkey hunt ever for me! I heard him, started to go to him, and after spotting him at about 100yrds on a fields edge. I got where I thought I could call him in until he shut up and didn't say anything, I thought crap, he's got hens, I walked around the field and spotted him again, he was in full strut and had 3 hens with him. I was able to crawl 100yrds on all fours and then the last 30-40 I crawled on my belly, it was darn fun!! I thought I was within 30-40 yards but my range finder must've hit grass or something but after getting him down I re-ranged it and it was a 52yrd shot😳. Funnest parts was crawling up on him!
!A6DC6AAC-7069-4685-9B93-44FA76716602.jpegE9DA0E99-C1EE-4205-8F0D-BD3AFA0FAAC8.jpeg61EDD84B-1CB5-4E6E-B5E1-7F649BDF713E.jpeg

Recent Posts