tumbling???????????

jeff 300

i was out shooting yesterday from 200-600. i was shooting a 30-06 with a new 10 twist 28"barrel. i was using the new fusion 165gn. they did good out 500. i moved out to 600 and the first shoot at 600 the bullet tumbled but the rest shoot fine. what could of happened? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

could have been a bad bullet just wan't made well could have had a pocket in the lead causing it to be out of ballance.
I read how the fusion bullets were made and wasen't realy impressed , I think that they will probably make a good game bullet but prbably gonna be at the bottom of the list for accuracy.
The jacket on these are not made then have the lead fused or swaged to it , they start out as a lead core than has several coats of copper added to it similar I think to how crome is applied to metal. Not 100% sure but it diden't sound like a realy good way to make a consistant bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts