• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Tuebor Titanium Proof Manners Huber 300WSM Custom

Ramblin99

This is the one I'm sure I'll regret selling, but here goes. This is a 300WSM custom built by David Whitlow in Kalispell, Montana. The components include....

Tuebor Precision Raider Ti action with DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating
  • Built from 6ALV4 Grade 5 Titanium
  • Gain twist fluted bolt with M16 extractor
  • Double-pinned recoil lug
  • Includes full-length rail with cut-out to match ejection port
Proof Sendero Light 23" carbon barrel, 1:10 twist
  • Piercision Rifles Mini-Magnum 3-port Muscle brake, turned down to .880" and blended to the .850" barrel
  • 5/8x24 threads with thread protector that matches .850" barrel diameter
Huber 2-stage trigger (can be sold with a Timney if you prefer) breaks at 1 lb 8 oz., adjustable.
  • 13.5" LOP at the 2nd stage
Remington 700 bottom metal

Center-feed Wyatts box

Manners MCS-SL Carbon Elite stock in Tac GAP camo (27 oz.)

Mr. Whitlow performed all the gunsmithing including…
  • Barrel threading and chambering
  • Barrel cut-off and threading
  • Machined the thread protector from aluminum stock
  • Assembled barrel to receiver
  • Pillar-bedded the stock
  • Turned down and installed the Muscle brake.
The barrel shank, barrel end, Muscle brake, thread protector and bottom metal were professionally Cerakoted in black. The bare rifle weighs 6 lbs, 6.2 ounces. Barrel length from recoil lug to end of brake is 24-3/8". The Huber trigger is amazing. I never thought I would like a 2-stage trigger until this one. I'd be happy to keep the Huber and sell the rifle with a Timney (-$100). The condition is near-perfect. There are absolutely no issues with this custom.

About 200 rounds down the tube. Shoots ¾ MOA with non-premium factory ammo. I don't reload so it's potential has not been explored. The rifle handles very nicely, has a mild palm swell grip, and the Muscle brake tames the recoil very nicely. No disappointments here!

$3,300 shipped from an individual to your FFL. Paypal FnF and USPS money orders accepted for payment. The rifle is cross-posted so timestamp prevails. Drop me PM if you have questions or need additional pics. Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7822.JPG
IMG_7823.JPG
IMG_7824.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG
IMG_7827.JPG
IMG_7829.JPG
IMG_7836.JPG
IMG_7834.JPG
IMG_7828.JPG

I've certainly thought a lot about keeping it, but I have nearly its twin in 6.5 GAP 4S and 22 Creedmoor. And I want a boat! Here are a few more pics. Somebody needs to buy this and whack some critters with it.

IMG_7830.JPG
IMG_7831.JPG
IMG_7832.JPG
IMG_7833.JPG
IMG_7835.JPG
IMG_7837.JPG
IMG_7838.JPG

It's a slick action for sure. The MCS-SL is the stock I prefer because I'm a short-range hunter. I know most of the folks on LRH prefer the McM Game Hunter or Game Warden style stocks for long range shooting. The Tuebor action has a Remington 700 footprint so anyone can easily move this BA to their favorite long range stock.

I have a switch barrel .300 WSM currently being built otherwise... I had a .270 WSM very similar to yours. I thought I needed something different and sold it a couple years ago. Still regret that one.

$3,100 shipped. All the best components and high-end 'smithing in this one folks. $3,000 shipped with a Timney trigger. You need this!

Keith