TSX ogive changed- no notice!

Don't you just hate it when they change the bullet design? You wonder what went wrong with the rifle!

When Barnes first came out with the X bullet they changed many of their bullets several times those first few years. Never any notice. Anyone remember those days of perpetual redesigned bullets?

20 yrs ago I purchased a box of 85 gr 6mm partitions. Turns out it was an older box. I found a great load and decided to buy more. The next box was newer and the groups were aweful. I called Nosler and they admitted they changed the design. Had to work up another load. It was the first time I encountered this issue and it was a real letdown in the faith I had in the company. No notice.

Two years ago I ran low on 200 gr Accubonds. It had been at least six years since I bought those original accubonds. Sure enough the load didn't shoot with the new bullets. After some careful controls checking rifle, I called Nosler and they said they changed the bullet. No notice.

So far Berger hasn't changed any of the bullets I use but most are hybrids. Sure hope they give notice or change the product number if they do.

Incidentally Sierra says they never alter a design. If they do change something they change the product number. Nice to know.

You know it will happen to us again.

Speaking of design changes wait to you get to be in your 60s. If you really like something you had better buy several now as they will be different next year. You would think the marketing folks would have done more research. Baby boomers are a large part of the buying market and we tend to be loyal to stuff and hate change for change's sake. Needed to say that, feel better now.....

I'll second the above notion, and especially the part about the " baby boomers" . That would be me as well.
What you are seeing here really isn't a " new" thing that is JUST happening now. For some time now, and even years ago, I was experiencing " lot to lot " changes, or differences some where as much as .012. When ever possible, I try to buy my supplies in bulk, including bullets. Problem is, if they don't shoot, you have a excess of something that dosen't shoot IF they don't. That all being said, I have a habit of checking my bullets with a bullet comparator. That just happened to a friend of mine, and I asked him if he checked the ogive to base, on the old , and new bullets, and he said that he had not.
As we know, some of the bullets that we use are very seating depth sensitive, so a pre check sometimes will help.IMHO:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.