• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Trying Times. . .Moderators, can we make a new sticky?!?!?!?

STEEL SLINGER

I can't help but notice the vast amount of SCAMMERS there are lurking into our way of life as shooters, hunters, reloaders. . .the fraudulent amount of bogus websites listing supplies we as shooting enthusiasts has grown immensely! Would it be possible to list the places "TO DO" and "NOT TO DO" business with? I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing so in a legal fashion, no to discriminate, but we need to inform one another who is legit to do business with and point out the "Tell Tail Signs" of a fraudulent website or business to keep our dollars in the right places. Moderators of this site. . .is this something we can do to help everyone out as a whole. . .is this sticky worthy???

Screenshot_20220526-084419_Chrome.jpg

No credit card option

SCAM!

Spoke with Michael over at SH, he said his newest list is over 1000+ scam sites. He's arranging the data and will update me when it's available. He doesn't mind people sharing the information as long as credit is given.

I will update y'all when I have the new information.

Moderators of this site. . .is this something we can do to help everyone out as a whole. . .is this sticky worthy???
LRH Admin/owners' primary responsibility is to secure transactions among the members and sponsors. Transactions outside of the LRH are our own risk. I do not think it is worthy because it would be an additional workload and resources with no value-added/no return on investment to LRH business operations, but that's just me.

LRH Admin/owners' primary responsibility is to secure transactions among the members and sponsors. Transactions outside of the LRH are our own risk. I do not think it is worthy because it would be an additional workload and resources with no value-added/no return on investment to LRH business operations, but that's just me.
The members are the value, I guess we see it differently.

I think blaming the website or the moderator for a bad transaction, is like the idiots blaming the gun for killing people. This is put together to help with info and maybe make an acquaintance or friend somewhere. STOP BLAMING THE TOOL.

I think blaming the website or the moderator for a bad transaction, is like the idiots blaming the gun for killing people. This is put together to help with info and maybe make an acquaintance or friend somewhere. STOP BLAMING THE TOOL.
L 🤣L, I appreciate your candor; it doesn't get any simpler and direct than that.

Are you willing to pay for the additional cost associated with it?
How is creating a sticky an additional cost, we have diligent members that already have expended the time and effort to help educate our members. I already contribute to the site, I don't see where there is any outlay of funds from Len or LRH.

Yes, I am willing to contribute to the effort, I told Mike so in a PM yesterday that I am willing to compensate him for his effort and gave him choices of how he'd like to be compensated.

All,
I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with this post. . .I just know that there is WAY TO MUCH dishonesty out there and wanted to help out some folks that might be more honest or even naïve (my apologies) in dealing with online vendors - that's all. Darryle - thank you for the looooong list of places to lookout for . . .that is even more than what I thought was out there. Very sad!!! Yes, each person is their own "handler" and must look into where they are sending their money - FACT! But, if I can save someone the headache of dealing with a Bullsh*t Artist, you bet I will and I will let others know of it too. We all need to stick together that's for sure.