Trying this pistol thing...

Ok limited testing with 13" 243 but barrel shot well. Going in the pile with 7mms to be threaded 1/2-28 will have self timing 3 port brake to use between them. Also added arca bipod adapter.

Reduced hunting load used in sons rifle.
90gr EldX
33gr Varget
2208fps
A little over 1 moa, shot under 1 moa on 20" youth rifle.

95gr Berger Classic Hunter
41gr H4350
2418fps ES 28
Right at 1 moa

105gr RDF
....not stable in factory 1:9.25" barrel

20220324_173712.jpg

On to the 15" 308, test fit barrel last night but have no recoil lugs that headspaced correctly. I'll stop by my smith for a factory Remington lug to sand down to correct headspace.

On to the 15" 308, test fit barrel last night but have no recoil lugs that headspaced correctly. I'll stop by my smith for a factory Remington lug to sand down to correct headspace.
I'd like to see results on the 15" 308

I know your plans are to not run the brace-- if you do and you plan to hunt watch out for local regs-- colorado you can't run a brace for hunting unless you jave a special handicap permit--- rules say " no stock attachments allowed" -- vauge wording I know
Also be wary of the recent atf mumbo jumbo of "interpretation"-- if it sticks then any pistol with a brace and rifle scope shows intent and they claim its classified as an sbr in their eyes.
Legal or not, it may not be wise to wade into gray water

Thanks. Yeah the most recent photo is how it will sit going forward. I basically made my own 700CP, without having to find one. The action was purchsed correctly and i really like the small chassis. The muzzle brake should calm it down a lot with loads Im using. Already scheduled my first hunt with it. It will take a hog in September. I also found a scout scope that I going to try I read all the posts once you have a brake (and get over the fear) rifle scope is the way to go but may still test out the scout scope.

In other future news while the barrels are getting their work the chassis will go for hydro dipping so stay tuned for that!

Thanks. Yeah the most recent photo is how it will sit going forward. I basically made my own 700CP, without having to find one. The action was purchsed correctly and i really like the small chassis. The muzzle brake should calm it down a lot with loads Im using. Already scheduled my first hunt with it. It will take a hog in September. I also found a scout scope that I going to try I read all the posts once you have a brake (and get over the fear) rifle scope is the way to go but may still test out the scout scope.

In other future news while the barrels are getting their work the chassis will go for hydro dipping so stay tuned for that!
Let me know how you like the extended eye relief ( pistol) scopes--- I'm looking for 1 or 2 for my projects

Ok 15" 308.
First load was using in 26" Rifle
178gr ELDM
42.5 Varget
2.9 COAL
Avg 2368
ES 36
20220403_144310.jpg

Left was not same group, so lots of vertical stringing.

Sendond test
168gr Berger Clssic Hunter
45gr Varget
2.8 COAL
2486 avg
ES 7
20220403_144959.jpg

Recent Posts